•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Allardyce knows the rules of the game and he had a very easy way to avoid this - refuse to discuss the matter and leave the conversation. Fair game.

I feel that the likes of the Fake Sheikh are different - that was about entrapping half-cut minor slebs and getting them to do illegal (but by no means uncommon on the sleb party or London club circuit) things. Things that weren't exactly central to their jobs, be they actors, singers or whatever. In the case of Allardyce you've got one of the faces of football actively discussing how to bend/break the rules of his own sport. That's corruption plain and simple.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Yep. It's very different to one of the "Singer X offered to get me some coke when I asked for it" type stings. He's the face of English football, and the FA to an extent, and he's offering advice on how to break their own rules. I doubt he's doing it out of the goodness of his heart either. Him and Redknapp are cut from the same cloth.

Always has been a thick twat. Rafa had the right idea.

By D.C. Harrison
Membership Days Posts
I recall he said he was going to sue the BBC about that investigation into his son's dodgy agent antics.

He never did, of course.

Though I guess with being England manager, he had to find new ways to increase his income now there's no more transfers.

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
I would agree with everything said above. The Telegraph laid a trap, Allardyce walked into it. He had a chance to "make his excuses and leave", but his greed took over. The Telegraph gets a scoop.

I note he takes the mick out of Hodgson for not having the external earnings from speaking engagements. Perhaps that's because irrespective of his abilities in the job, Hodgson had far more class, and respected the position he'd been entrusted with?

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
It seems there's a groundswell at Sunderland to get him back.

I didn't say I could explain it, I just said it was happening...

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Andy McDandy wrote:If there is adownside, it's that it just confirms the newspapers as kingmakers and kingbreakers. So much for Leveson.
If there is an upside, it is that the press still has a passing interest in holding power to account.
If only they weren't so selective about their targets.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
They print this as though it's a good thing.

Exclusive: Donald Trump's new chief strategist Steve Bannon 'will call Nigel Farage before Theresa May'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11 ... on-will-c/

Scroll down of rogue's gallery of Trump / UK political connections.
By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
To some MP's we were a useful ally in the go between them and Europe....

Considering we decided to let that go in June, what is the actual point in talking to May other than to check up on some shared military aims.

At this moment that's not really important is it, he isn't even in office yet. Why he is talking to Farage heavens knows, maybe he believes he is a major player in Europe, Lolz.
The Sun

Spotted on the BBC website , a S*n review of th[…]

Mail Online and Adblockers

Saves me downloading a M*ilblocker. :D

Winterval Bingo

Dragonist! :P Coming over here, burning our […]

Boris Johnson

The right wing media were quick enough to apportio[…]