•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Can i just say, whatever the final consensus on Mr Dawkins from this august forum, I am not going to put down "The Ancestor's Tale" until I've finished reading it. It's too interesting to just toss aside unfinished.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Continued:

This is why I think he was wrong to compare church bells to simply 'Allahu Akhbar'. He should have, in my opinion, compared it with the adhan. Comparing church bells with 'Allahu Akhbar' being shouted just before detonating a suicide bomb is more than a little bit unfair, I feel.

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
As I've said before, though perhaps not here, I'm not entirely convinced the like of Timothy McVeigh or any sundry white terrorist of any stripe wouldn't have said "Jesus Christ!" at the moment of greatest extremity, so to speak. But that wouldn't have devalued Christianity in the same way, because of course not.

By lord_kobel
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:30 pm
So, Brainiac, how was it racist?
As his latest tweet shows, he's trying to compare the worst of Islam to the best of christianity. You don't do that unless you're trying to make a fucked up point to attack muslims. If this was the first time he'd done something like this, then you could maybe give him the benefit of the doubt, but this topic has been going on for five years, and it opens with a post about him being a prick about Islam. He knows what he's doing and he knows how his far right followers will take it. If you want to follow the far right handbook and claim "Islam is not a race", then fine, he's being Islamaphobic, rather than racist, but it's the same difference, it's fuckwitted bigotry either way.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
So how was the original post racist?

And don't be a [modded] with the far-right stuff. Just try to find an answer which doesn't curl up and die in shame

If anyone is a disgrace to this board, Kobes, it's you. Time you went.

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Just to make it clear I don't know much about Dawkins other than him being on speed dial when the producer wants someone controversial when the subject is about religion. So, from a reasonably objective bystander viewpoint it seems to me that Dawkins polarises opinion and the reaction to his tweet depends on which end of the pole one sits.

Flybmi collapses, blaming Brexit uncertainty […]

Just when you think Yaxley-Lennon couldn’t b[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

It doesn't but it can be a nuisance to Labour.

The Tories, Generally

Exclusive: Tory Party 'In Denial' Over Islamopho[…]