:sunglasses: 69.2 % 😟 30.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
I imagine he has people on the far right who'll seize upon cherry picked comments of his and use them to further their agenda. That said, I doubt they'll be keen followers of his general work. Whether or not people like Dawkins needs to be more careful so as not to fuel them is up for debate. I personally think he does, and what disappoints me about his tweets is that it's not simple clumsiness. He's too clever for that. He knows how they'll be construed by certain people and it's a shame that he doesn't make a point of not giving them ammo.

For example: "Yes, I have a big problem with Islam, as I do with all religions, but I'll be fucked if I let knuckle dragging cretins use my words to promote their toxic racism."
lord_kobel liked this

By lord_kobel
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:06 pm
"His far-right followers" suggests to me that Kobes is saying that Dawkins' followers are, per se, far-right.
Then your reading comprehension is frankly laughable. Dawkins has plenty of far right followers on twitter and facebook. That's obviously not saying all his followers are on the far right, unless you have problems reading or are trying to set up a pathetic strawman, but he doesn't seem to care that he says the sort of shit the far right lap up or use to try and gain legitimacy.

By lord_kobel
Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:22 pm
That said, I doubt they'll be keen followers of his general work.
Has he actually done much, apart from chat shit on twitter, for the last few years? His wiki page doesn't seem to think so, but I've not had an in depth look.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
lord_kobel wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:30 pm
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:22 pm
That said, I doubt they'll be keen followers of his general work.
Has he actually done much, apart from chat shit on twitter, for the last few years? His wiki page doesn't seem to think so, but I've not had an in depth look.

I noticed this on his twitter:

So I guess he's doing things still. That said, he's probably just about ready to retire with about £10m in the bank!

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
No. You know me better than that.

However, I have just been given a 'Board Warning' for arguing with Kobel. That's big, isn't it? Argue with a mod and you get a 'warning'.

Which other mods knew about that?

I'd be interested in the opinions of other posters...

By Boiler
Must admit I'm curious too - I'm a mod on another forum and unilateral action by a mod only occurs if a post needs to be moved or removed. But if it concerns a member, it is always discussed amongst the mod team and with the board administrator.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Oh yes, I worked it out.
Argue with Kobel (when he calls you a member of the alt-right) and use a swear word. He then gives you a warning - on this board of all places - to 'tone down' the language.

Hypocritical beyond belief. No consultation with other mods/admin, simply a reaction to someone calling out your idiocy.

It's actually laughable. Most eight year olds wouldn't expect to get anyone to believe that the 'warning' (whatever that entails) is for bad language, it's for not accepting the diktat of the mighty social justice warrior.

You bullied another poster recently over trans issues. Now you've tried it with me. It isn't going to work.

This will not be forgotten, by me or other posters.

In the meantime, get your head out of your (moderated).

Police attempt to ban Tommy Robinson from Englan[…]

The LibDems, generally

Like the French Foreign Legion of legend anyone ca[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Meanwhile in Ireland, the Taoiseach Leo Varadkar h[…]

Boris Johnson

So what are the chances that another version of th[…]