For all print & online journalism
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
Labour is only too happy to attack private companies such as Tesco for employing workers from overseas. Yet why do they think, at a time of what Labour describes as high unemployment and falling real incomes, firms cannot find sufficient local labour to fill those positions?

Could it perhaps, just perhaps, have something to do with the iniquities of the welfare system Labour created during its 13 years in power and is now so intent on stubbornly and ritualistically defending?
I used to think that Hodges would eventually get bored of his Labour act and join the Tory party, but reading that I think perhaps UKIP would be a better option for him.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
new puritan wrote:
Labour is only too happy to attack private companies such as Tesco for employing workers from overseas. Yet why do they think, at a time of what Labour describes as high unemployment and falling real incomes, firms cannot find sufficient local labour to fill those positions?

Could it perhaps, just perhaps, have something to do with the iniquities of the welfare system Labour created during its 13 years in power and is now so intent on stubbornly and ritualistically defending?
I used to think that Hodges would eventually get bored of his Labour act and join the Tory party, but reading that I think perhaps UKIP would be a better option for him.
What a total bastard. When the kak handed Bryant revealed his final draft his whole point was that firms like Tesco have no problem employing local people with wages that make it worthwhile leaving the punitive poverty trap benefit system, so why can't their contractors.
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
What's so tedious about Hodges is he thinks he's being this great contrarian, when in actual fact he just sounds like any other establishment mouthpiece. He has absolutely nothing original to say.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Prexactly. He is trading on having briefly worked for the Labour Party, and to an extent on being Glenda Jackson's son. A desperately feeble USP to be sure, but we should be quite certain that Hodges is no friend of Labour. On the contrary, he is very much an enemy.
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
Dan Hodges ‏@DPJHodges 3m
Saying we shouldn't intervene in Syria because of Iraq is like saying we shouldn't have intervened in France in 1940 because of the Somme.
No it isn't. Cock.
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
Hodges having a right old cry about Miliband putting a road block in Cameron's way over Syria. Apparently Miliband should back bombing the Syrians because it would make him look 'decisive'. Fucking prick. Someone drop this cunt in Syria with a bayonet and let him fight it out himself.

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
The truth about the Syria vote: Miliband changed his mind
People can debate the merits of Syria, and the broader politics that surround it. And those who claim David Cameron has been damaged by the need to step back from military intervention at Miliband's insistence may be right. But it's clear that up until the last moment Ed Miliband was telling Cameron and his own shadow cabinet that he supported the Government's approach. He then changed his mind. And no serious politician, when it comes to matters of war and peace, can do that.
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
Messianic Trees wrote:
He then changed his mind. And no serious politician, when it comes to matters of war and peace, can do that.
Bizarre. I'd far rather have a PM who's willing to reconsider than some belligerent blowhard who makes up his mind one way and sticks rigidly to it irrespective of the information to hand.
The Trump Presidency

Four days and counting.

The Tories, Generally

Must be a Black Country thing; I've got a mate f[…]

Shaun Bailey

The WM Mayor is a good candidate, an outsider wi[…]

Priti Patel

Back in the days when ministers had honour, I wond[…]