•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By mojojojo
Membership Days Posts
My friend was debating with Hodges on twitter over the weekend. Because he doesn't support bombing Syria he was told he "hates this country". This sort of language used to belong to Britain First and their ilk - now it's mainstream.

By mikey mikey
mojojojo wrote:My friend was debating with Hodges on twitter over the weekend. Because he doesn't support bombing Syria he was told he "hates this country". This sort of language used to belong to Britain First and their ilk - now it's mainstream.
Back around 2004 I was a member of the now defunct Moorewatch forum. It was primarily made up of Bush supporting Republicans that watched Fox News. Any and all opposition to the Iraq war was met with "Why do you hate America?"

Such buffoonery eventually became the target for ridicule and satire in everything from South Park to Family Guy or the Daily Show to Colbert Report. As a Brit, I looked on, laughing and thought how unlikely it was that the UK could become so jingoistic.

Boy was I wrong. Murdoch must have dusted off the decade old manuals and sent them out to his rags and his friends' rags too.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
mikey mikey wrote: Such buffoonery eventually became the target for ridicule and satire in everything from South Park to Family Guy or the Daily Show to Colbert Report. As a Brit, I looked on, laughing and thought how unlikely it was that the UK could become so jingoistic.
Perhaps Parker and Stone could make Team Britain with a puppet Cameron and the cast of Rentaghost leading his phantom army into battle

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
Hilary Benn didn't just look like the leader of the opposition. He looked like the prime minister
They had said they needed two days of debate. War. Peace. To bomb Isil. Not to bomb Isil. The issues were too complex. The stakes too high. The arguments too nuanced.

They were wrong. It boiled down to one speech and one moment. Parliamentary history distilled in a way few of us have seen in our lifetime.

Hilary Benn's speech. It is about to become the House of Commons "where were you when Kennedy was shot" moment. Where were you sitting. Who were you with. What were you thinking.
What in the world has Hodges been smoking? :roll:
By Jollity
Membership Days Membership Days
If Hilary Benn actually did become Labour leader, Hodges would soon find something to complain about. Literally anybody in the Labour party would be discovered by Hodges to be the Worst Leader Ever five minutes after becoming leader. This is because Hodges is paid to pour scorn on Labour's leader.

By mikey mikey
How odd. The comments section under that article is full of people, presumably Labbour party members, who think trade unions are a bad thing.

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
Why I won't join the Conservative Party (a reply to Toby Young's invitation to Dan Hodges)
I can't let the Labour party go yet. Intellectually, I know it's over. This really is the end now. Deep down I'm aware nothing can save it. The moderate members like me are going. The moderate trade unionists have already gone. Soon the moderate MPs will start leaving. The good party staffers will join them. The money's already gone. Then we'll have an election. And the voters will go. Millions upon millions of them. And that will be it.

But emotionally, I can't quite bring myself to believe it. I imagine it must have been a bit like this standing there in one of the lifeboats, watching the Titanic slowly rising up for its final plunge into the depths. A few hours before it had seemed so strong and powerful. Invincible. Unsinkable. And yet there is was, disappearing in front of your eyes.

Flybmi collapses, blaming Brexit uncertainty […]

Just when you think Yaxley-Lennon couldn’t b[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

It doesn't but it can be a nuisance to Labour.

The Tories, Generally

Exclusive: Tory Party 'In Denial' Over Islamopho[…]