•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:44 pm
That leftie northern poof is banging on about legions of police officers spying on perfectly legal protest movements, shagging the birds and fathering their offspring. It might be that.
No it's habit of being totally wrong

https://twitter.com/andrewspoooner, denounces the PSOE, Labour's sister party

https://twitter.com/andrewspoooner, English translation

https://twitter.com/andrewspoooner PSOE leader Pedro Sanchez is now Spain's Prime Minister.

Not to mention his narcissism, arse licking and habit of setting his followers on those who disagree with him.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
We know OJ is a bit of a plonker, but what, specifically, has he said this time? I'm of the opinion it can't be anything that noteworthy or we'd have been told by now.

LJB, I may have mentioned this before, getting info out of you is like drawing teeth - a long, slow, and often painful process.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Cyclist wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:45 pm
We know OJ is a bit of a plonker, but what, specifically, has he said this time? I'm of the opinion it can't be anything that noteworthy or we'd have been told by now.

LJB, I may have mentioned this before, getting info out of you is like drawing teeth - a long, slow, and often painful process.
Well if the forum had displayed the original tweets like I wanted to in the fucking first place also if certain members actually bothered to click on the links then we wouldn't have this problem.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Oh do give over.
You've always been a 'follow this link' merchant, and people have pulled you on it time after time. Explain yourself and show a little respect for other forum members, eh? Do a bit of work.

Or don't bother...

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
LJB Is it really so hard to type something like "the tweet hasn't embedded properly, what Jones said was (one-liner giving gist of tweet)", rather than going off and finding tweets which may or may not be relevant (andrewspooner English translation - WTF?) and dumping links to them with no explanation? It's no wonder people get exasperated.

Internet fora are a means of communication. A way of getting your thoughts across. The preview button gives you the chance to check your posts before submission, not only for typos, but also to consider what you've written and check it says what you mean it to say. *You* know what you mean, but will that chap 150 miles away *get* your point from what you've written? As you're already aware, links with no explanations are likely to be ignored, and whatever' you're trying to communicate is lost.

As I've said before, a little more care when you make your posts would save you a hell of a lot of grief.

As it is, I'm awarding you the statement that appeared at least once on every one of my school reports:
Could do better
Malcolm Armsteen liked this

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
@Cyclist

1. If the forum had displayed the tweets in the first place, then we wouldn't be having this discussion and I did point out that the tweet I linked wasn't being displayed.

2. Andrew Spooner is someone I follow on twitter, he's an ex-Labour member, Spurs fans and runs a stall down the Portobello Road, It was his tweets that I was linking to in the first.

3. In short Andrew did a screenshot of an Owen Jones tweet attacking the PSOE Labour's sister party in Spain, Spooner did a translation of Jones's tweet and then did another screenshot of Corbyn congratulating Pedro Sanchez on becoming the new Prime Minister of Spain.

4. The point is to show that yet again Jones gets it wrong.
Last edited by The Weeping Angel on Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:19 am
LJB, try throwing axes at shit while listening to 80s hair metal. Works for me.
It's OK to say that now.
After Brexit you won't find any axes in the shops.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Here's Corbyn-supporter* Jones being totally wrong about convicted fraudster Yaxley-Lennon. Of course, I could dig up some tweets from my mate Chalky who runs an upcycling shop near White Hart Lane to lend some credibility to my hilarious re-imagining, but my editor wants 200 words about the evils of poovery by eleven O'clock (U.K time), so you'll have to make do with Andrew Neil (whose name will no doubt be added to 'the list' for this)...

*all you need to know, really.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:26 am
Here's Corbyn-supporter* Jones being totally wrong about convicted fraudster Yaxley-Lennon. Of course, I could dig up some tweets from my mate Chalky who runs an upcycling shop near White Hart Lane to lend some credibility to my hilarious re-imagining, but my editor wants 200 words about the evils of poovery by eleven O'clock (U.K time), so you'll have to make do with Andrew Neil (whose name will no doubt be added to 'the list' for this)...

*all you need to know, really.
Given Jones track record for fucking things up Yaxley-Lennon will end up with a royal pardon.
The Northern Irish thread

Ooof. That's pretty big.

Meanwhile in America

About bloody time this law was challenged properly[…]

Sad Faces in Local Papers

I grew up pretty close to Moygashel myself. As a l[…]

Labour, Generally.

I'm sure the less well of Brexiters of Great Yarmo[…]