•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Labour needs a re-boot, okay. But it needs to start with getting shot of Corbyn.

Bad news that Squealer had had a doing, but speculation it was motivated by right-wing ideology is just that. Could well have been a homophobically motivated attack.

By AOB
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn said an attack on a journalist was "an attack on free speech and our fundamental values".
Is the journalist element the most important thing to him?? A man gets kicked in the head in the street and that's the first thing he thinks of?? Anyone getting attacked is disgusting and the perpetrators identified and punished. Never mind his occupation and wittering on about free speech. It's not a trolling on Twitter we're talking about here.

By Oblomov
AOB wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:28 am
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn said an attack on a journalist was "an attack on free speech and our fundamental values".
Is the journalist element the most important thing to him?? A man gets kicked in the head in the street and that's the first thing he thinks of?? Anyone getting attacked is disgusting and the perpetrators identified and punished. Never mind his occupation and wittering on about free speech. It's not a trolling on Twitter we're talking about here.
Is it also because Jones is from the right tribe as well? Hard to imagine Jezza being so quick to shed a tear for say, Peter Oborne.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:48 pm
... but speculation it was motivated by right-wing ideology is just that. Could well have been a homophobically motivated attack.
Either I have been, mercifully, away from the Pentonville Road for over thirty years and there are now gangs of lefty homophobes roaming the streets, or this interpretation warrants reconsideration.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Eh?

A right-wing ideology may (or may not) motivate Jones' attackers. But as Abers says, it's speculation, and a homophobic attack is also possible. Or any combination of the two.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
I am sure that there are homophobes on the left but I remain to be convinced that they roam in packs in the Pentonville Road, hunting down queers who just happen to be lefty journalists.

The local fash gave him a doing. Whilst it could have been a whole lot worse, there can surely not be too much doubt about that. Or?

By Abernathy
Well, Squealer has now said he is quite certain that he was done over by politically motivated thugs. Happy to take him at his word on that - after all, he was there.

Of course, that he's had a doing from the right is also sadly reflective of the continuing post Brexit referendum climate of worryingly prevalent racism/bigotry/xenophobia, etc.
David Cameron

Compassionate conservatism: putting professionals […]

The sad faces of wronged Mail readers

I was told it's nothing to do with jackets and i[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Externalisation of the locus of control. https://[…]

GE 2020

Even though he played a prominent role in thwar[…]