•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By cycloon
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Apparently this gobshite is now an anchor on Sky News (this might be old news...). As if I needed another reason to not give them any money, this utter clown, this pygmy of a mind, is interviewing politicians.

Whatever you think of Corbyn, Holmes is an utter embarrassment here.

[youtube]8ABghHHFv5k[/youtube]

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
I think you are misunderstimating him.

Being overweight and Irish doesn't make you a buffoon. I think he handled Corbyn very well, and more fairly than anyone else I've seen. He often gives politicians of all stripes a hard time.
By Andy McDandy
The football manager and captain of industry analogies were stupid blokeish 'look at me, real man, one of the lads, beer and footy' crap. Leading a democratic organisation is massively different to running a company or sports side and Corbyn tried to point this out, just to get talked over.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
I'm not always a fan of Eamon Holmes but at least he has a style of his own and he made some traction in that interview. He has other strengths that he has bought to Sky News like not being Adam Boulton or Kay Burley. Holmes is a good radio presenter as the format suits his open ended waffling.

By Abernathy
youngian wrote:I'm not always a fan of Eamon Holmes but at least he has a style of his own and he made some traction in that interview. He has other strengths that he has bought to Sky News like not being Adam Boulton or Kay Burley. Holmes is a good radio presenter as the format suits his open ended waffling.
Shirley, you cannot be serious? Holmes is an idiot. Irredeemably so.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:I think you are misunderstimating him.

Being overweight and Irish doesn't make you a buffoon. I think he handled Corbyn very well, and more fairly than anyone else I've seen. He often gives politicians of all stripes a hard time.
Perhaps he's extrapolated from a sample of Stephen Nolan.

By Daley Mayle
During the 12 minute interview Corbyn was allowed to answer the questions fully rather than the interviewer constantly jumping in to push the answer in the direction wanted by that news broadcaster. Yes, the football analogies were a bit strained but this is Sky where the viewing demographic has a high proportion of sport and football fans.

Corbyn has a quiet voice but he can drown out the excitable hack with an agenda. He often reminds me of an experienced teacher facing a classroom full of hyperactive 15-year olds and has a presence that seems to calm things down. A remarkable man.

By mattomac
Why do they all have that slightly angry looking face with the odd smirk like someone has farted. Kay Burley, Adam Boulton and Eamon Holmes all have it.

Jeremy Vine just has the smirk and Huw Edwards the angry looking face but on Sky they have developed both even Dermot has developed it since moving over and Natasha Klapsomethingorother also has it.

By bluebellnutter
He's teaming up with MC Hammer for a series looking at bunk-bed sharing in Britain's youth hostels. They're calling it "Holmes Under The Hammer".
The Northern Irish thread

Brexit poisons everything it touches but the motiv[…]

The Israel Defense Forces responded to Morris dem[…]

Tony Blair (more Marmite than Messiah)

Yeah. Fucking awful by Blair. It seems The Gu[…]

Meanwhile in America

Of the available candidates (so far) she'd be my[…]