•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Sometimes there's news that has the headlines a-screaming and then... nothing.

For instance, two recent events...

The attempted abduction of an RAF serviceman. It was all a Muzzie plot apparently and a Lee Rigby style end for the poor chap was mooted. Then after a couple of weeks there have been references to maybe a drugs related mistaken identity. The man involved has not been named and there's absolutely nothing in the papers that gives any background to him. There's hundreds of people on that base who would know who was involved but nothing. Have the papers been warned off? Or did the abduction never take place? It's strange that there has been no sighting or CCTV of the car involved. Yes, it's in the middle of nowhere but there are towns and main roads that lead to the base.

Then there's the stabbing and immolation on the Swiss train. Again, it was speculated that it was an ISIS style lone wolf plot. The police know the age and name of the man but as far as I can see the name and background of the man has not been released. They said at the time he was a 'local man' but that doesn't stop the BTL commentariat saying, 'Ah, just because he's local doesn't mean he ain't forrin'.

If in fact there are Islamist terrorist links involved then let us know but this silence after the immediate and justifiable speculation just adds to the paranoia that all Muslims are out to kill us unbelievers.
On the terrorist front, see also the Munich shootings. Once that was established as being a local nutter.
Local dealer trying to get some money owed? Because, you know, our boys would never be involved in that...*

*Aside from at Deepcut, but that's all in the past...
Andy McDandy wrote:Local dealer trying to get some money owed? Because, you know, our boys would never be involved in that...*

*Aside from at Deepcut, but that's all in the past...
Having lived in Aldershot a couple of years, I always like to chuckle at the idea of "our boys" being good lads giving all for Queen and country.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
It will be on Monday's Crimewatch.
As mentioned in a classic Mail headline v story article.
'I was fighting for my life': Serviceman who heroically fought off two knife-wielding 'jihadi kidnappers' outside RAF Marham base feared he would never see his 'wife or family' again
He told police he knocked the first attacker to the ground and an accomplice, carrying a knife, helped him up before both men fled.
Headbutting a single man trying to force an adult into a car isn't heroism.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4JHo4qB5c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Zuriblue
Daley Mayle wrote:Sometimes there's news that has the headlines a-screaming and then... nothing.

For instance, two recent events...

The attempted abduction of an RAF serviceman. It was all a Muzzie plot apparently and a Lee Rigby style end for the poor chap was mooted. Then after a couple of weeks there have been references to maybe a drugs related mistaken identity. The man involved has not been named and there's absolutely nothing in the papers that gives any background to him. There's hundreds of people on that base who would know who was involved but nothing. Have the papers been warned off? Or did the abduction never take place? It's strange that there has been no sighting or CCTV of the car involved. Yes, it's in the middle of nowhere but there are towns and main roads that lead to the base.

Then there's the stabbing and immolation on the Swiss train. Again, it was speculated that it was an ISIS style lone wolf plot. The police know the age and name of the man but as far as I can see the name and background of the man has not been released. They said at the time he was a 'local man' but that doesn't stop the BTL commentariat saying, 'Ah, just because he's local doesn't mean he ain't forrin'.

If in fact there are Islamist terrorist links involved then let us know but this silence after the immediate and justifiable speculation just adds to the paranoia that all Muslims are out to kill us unbelievers.
In the case of the Swiss stabbing/ immolation the problem is the Swiss privacy laws that don't permit naming of a suspect. Even the red tops in CH (there's one, called Blick, kind of a sub Bild Zeitung) just named him as Simon S. with a note that the editors knew his identity. The St Gallen Kantonspolizei did say that he was from a neighboring Kanton and had a typical Swiss name. Usually if it's a naturalised citizen he'll be named as, say, a British national with a Swiss passport. Reading between the lines this guy was as Swiss as Wilhelm Tell or Heidi. (OK, I know that neither actually existed)
The Group of Seven

I dont think its reasonable to expect people force[…]

Derek Hatton

I didn’t think I’d ever say that! I[…]

Swivel-Eyed Loons

https://twitter.com/cj_dinenage/status/10978103902[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

A grown-up take on the story https://i.guim.co.u[…]