•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Zuriblue wrote:I wish these clowns would realise that the ECHR was actually created by Brits and is based on English Common Law.
Its main architect former Tory home secretary David Maxwell-Ffyfe was not even a very radical figure by Tory standards as Derek Bentley's family found out.

Vigorously defending the codified rights of individuals over an over-arching state and executive was once a raison d'etre in Conservative thinking. You could argue the modern in-take are authoratarian nationalists by nature or just not bright enough to think through the consequences of their populist puffery. Or even any sense of history of their own party.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
http://zelo-street.blogspot.co.uk/2014/ ... ivers.html

In a strange position of defending Louise Mensch against Zelo Street for her remarks about Joan Rivers's vile rant against Palestinian civilians.

On this occasion I agree with Louise Mensch, the remarks were not taken out of context and neither was it edgy black humour just a nasty, bigoted diatribe. I hope Joan Rivers had a peaceful death unlike the people she saw as sub-human in her hate-filled sabre rattling.

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
satnav wrote:While I agree with the sentiment expressed by Mensch why did she wait over a month to make the comments?
Because a month ago Joan Rivers was still alive and capable of hitting back. Mensch is a coward at the best of times - she'd never dream of taking on someone like Rivers who, faults and all, could have utterly humiliated her without breaking a sweat.

Standard Littlejohn tactic - there's none so brave as those whose enemy is already pushing up daisies.

By Andy McDandy
And besides, when Rivers made her comments, interest wasn't amazingly high, because the response at the time was 'There's that old bat going off on one again'. After she's dead she's front and centre of the public consciousness. Perfect time to jump on the bandwagon.

By Zuriblue
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Dear O lord.

http://zelo-street.blogspot.co.uk/2014/ ... abuse.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Serious libel of a CPS bloke whose name she can't even spell.
Unbelievable, she really is as thick as two short planks.

Afzal should take her to the cleaners over that.

By Zuriblue
Membership Days Posts
Of course one question would be what the hell would a Manchester based prosecutor be doing making decisions about a case in Rotherham anyhow? Surely that would be handled from Leeds or Sheffield?

Of course to a cockney dumbshit like Mensch the answer would be "what does it matter? They're all north of Watford"

By Abernathy
But thick as a whale sandwich. I often wonder why there seem to be so many Tory women, in particular, who are so spectacularly stupid.

I don't think I'm having my view clouded by my own sexism. I know the world is full of pig-thick male Tories as well, obviously. But the momen just seem to be egregiously dim.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:But thick as a whale sandwich. I often wonder why there seem to be so many Tory women, in particular, who are so spectacularly stupid.

I don't think I'm having my view clouded by my own sexism. I know the world is full of pig-thick male Tories as well, obviously. But the momen just seem to be egregiously dim.
I've no evidence at all, but have often wondered whether their boarding schools stream them into career girls and marriage fodder at an early stage.
That sounds incredibly sexist doesn't it.
Dominic Cummings

Sorry, I was being facetious. :)

Tom Harwood SpeKing his bRanes on the BBC at the[…]

The Tories, Generally

The "core" can fuck right off and go wor[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

A big boy did it and ran away... https://twitter.[…]