Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Like a fly to a dog turd...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By ACG
Bones McCoy wrote:
ACG wrote:Like a fly to a dog turd...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Any chance an an annotated version for those of us who hadn't got a clue?
Very abridged version (because this shit has been going on since August and fuuuuuuu...) :

Internet arsewipes harass a female games developer off the back of a rant published by her ex boyfriend > arsewipes try and justify this by claiming there is a giant conspiracy in the games press to make all games feminist and progressive and ruined (that is, there are some writers who think that the culture and output could maybe be a little less sexist, racist, homophobic etc) > arsewipes harass more game devs and writers (disproportionately women but that's definately just a coincidence) under the banner of a "consumer movement" > whole thing rumbles on far too fucking long gradually attracting a wide range of previously established fuck nuggets (Dellingpole being one...of fucking course) which now includes Mensch.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
ACG wrote:
Internet arsewipes harass a female games developer off the back of a rant published by her ex boyfriend > arsewipes try and justify this by claiming there is a giant conspiracy in the games press to make all games feminist and progressive and ruined (that is, there are some writers who think that the culture and output could maybe be a little less sexist, racist, homophobic etc) > arsewipes harass more game devs and writers (disproportionately women but that's definately just a coincidence) under the banner of a "consumer movement" > whole thing rumbles on far too fucking long gradually attracting a wide range of previously established fuck nuggets (Dellingpole being one...of fucking course) which now includes Mensch.
Thanks for explaining.
I was aware of the gamer thing (which I'd conveniently filed under the "Some people of chatrooms are dickheads, and internet dickheads attract thinktank dickheads" corner of my brane.)

I don't do twitter, and find these exchanges, stripped of any context of nuance by the character limit, tend to go right over my head.
The lack of nuance and context probably illustrates why twitter is the ideal medium for amateur hour demagogues like Mensch, Morgan, Hopkins...

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
Her current bullying of the 17-year-old behind Milifandom is quite simply horrible. A grown woman taking orders from an 80-year-old to monster a teenager in print (with no way to reply, of course) and via Twitter. And this - other than Murdoch's usual brand of petty, spiteful revenge - is the diversion tactic so that people don't look too much into how the Sun got the girl's address to try and doorstop her.

I don't exactly expect much of anyone who takes the Murdoch shilling, but this is extraordinarily appalling and speaks volumes about how selling out is not enough - you actually have to be willing to be flat-out nasty.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
And this sorry episode has at least showed someone has a bit of class following a phone call from Ibiza
Abby Tomlinson @twcuddleston
Also, when I spoke with Ed on the phone he made sure to ask me to apologise to my family, in particular my grandma, on his behalf.
He's also put Abby onto to a shit hot barrister friend of his John Cooper with a view to suing Murdoch's arse off

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
[/quote]
Esqui wrote:Louise Mensch is probably the only person in the world who actually still gives a shit about the Milifandom thing. I really cannot understand why she's still pursuing it.
She never passes up an opportunity to pick on lefties.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Esqui wrote:Louise Mensch is probably the only person in the world who actually still gives a shit about the Milifandom thing. I really cannot understand why she's still pursuing it.
Butthurt (as they say in the states).

By Daley Mayle

I don't think she gives a fuck either way but needs material for her twitter feeds and, of course, a response from the Great Outraged.
Labour, Generally.

Without student fees, I reckon there are going to […]

Richard Littlejohn

Gary could well be shitter than Paul Wotsisars[…]

2019 General Election

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1194357814[…]

Fucking unbelievable aren't they?