Topics about News International
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
I would doubt that Parker even wrote the front page headline. That decision will most probably have been taken at a far higher level - let's all wait for the one-rogue-reporter defence. Again.

I'd imagine that there is a rather glacial atmosphere over there by the coffee machine. At least, I'd hope so and it might go some way to counter balancing the effects of another day's hyper-bullying that kids with this condition have had to endure in the playground today.

Hell mend 'em.
The witness list for next week at Leveson has been published. I suspect I won't be getting much fresh air...

Monday/Tuesday no sessions

Wednesday
Martin Clarke, editor Mail Online
DCI Brendan Gilmore (Operation Glade)
T/ACC Russell Middleton (Operation Reproof)

Thursday
Andy Coulson. You know him.
Viscount Rothermere (Chairman, Associated Newspapers, non-dom)

Friday
Rebekah Brooks. And possibly her Cameron texts file...

Operation Glade was a Metropolitan Police Service investigation into allegations of possible corruption in the police service.

Operation Reproof, by police in Plymouth, revealed the first of what became many systematic attempts to gain illegal confidential information on the prime minister (Gordon Brown) and his family, but their findings were suppressed.

Nick Davies: "The police team were then surprised and upset when Judge Paul Darlow refused in 2005 to regard the issue as sufficiently serious to go to trial. He prevented a jury from hearing the case, saying the alleged behaviour was too trivial to justify criminal misconduct charges, and the proposed trial would be a waste of public money."
Daley Mayle wrote:I'd like to be a fly on the wall when the police sit around and decide on a name for their operations. I bet it takes longer than working out the parameters of the investigation.
Me too.

But I fear we may be becoming just a bit too United Statesified recently. "Operation Olympic Guardian"? Purrlease! :roll:
satnav wrote:I think the press coverage of Hodgson's appointment has been quite interesting most of the regular football journalists seem to have avoided making any criticism of the appointment they are happy to regurgitate the FA press releases about all Roy's experience and they even allowed the FA chairman to get away with saying that he wasn't prepared to discuss why Rednapp had not been considered for the post. Football journalist on the whole seem to be happy to suck up to the FA because they know if they get on the wrong side of the FA they won't get fed regular tit bits of news and they could be denied access to the team in the run up to the European finals.

With none of the Sun's football writers willing to stick the boot into Roy it looks like the job was left to Parker. If the FA do give 'The Sun's ' football writers a hard time over this I think Parker is likely to get it in the neck from his colleagues.
It did cross my mind that the S** is pissed off because "Our 'Arry" did'nt get the job
Watchman wrote:
satnav wrote:I think the press coverage of Hodgson's appointment has been quite interesting most of the regular football journalists seem to have avoided making any criticism of the appointment they are happy to regurgitate the FA press releases about all Roy's experience and they even allowed the FA chairman to get away with saying that he wasn't prepared to discuss why Rednapp had not been considered for the post. Football journalist on the whole seem to be happy to suck up to the FA because they know if they get on the wrong side of the FA they won't get fed regular tit bits of news and they could be denied access to the team in the run up to the European finals.

With none of the Sun's football writers willing to stick the boot into Roy it looks like the job was left to Parker. If the FA do give 'The Sun's ' football writers a hard time over this I think Parker is likely to get it in the neck from his colleagues.
It did cross my mind that the S** is pissed off because "Our 'Arry" did'nt get the job
I always find the tabloid treatment of the English soccer team (and in particular the management) amusing especially when the inevitable happens of a big fall, but this is pretty special in undermining the appointee so quickly!
Daley Mayle wrote:I'd like to be a fly on the wall when the police sit around and decide on a name for their operations. I bet it takes longer than working out the parameters of the investigation.
Actually they have a program that churns them out, a bit like Dicky and his columns.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:The witness list for next week at Leveson has been published. I suspect I won't be getting much fresh air...

Monday/Tuesday no sessions

Wednesday
Martin Clarke, editor Mail Online
DCI Brendan Gilmore (Operation Glade)
T/ACC Russell Middleton (Operation Reproof)

Thursday
Andy Coulson. You know him.
Viscount Rothermere (Chairman, Associated Newspapers, non-dom)

Friday
Rebekah Brooks. And possibly her Cameron texts file...

Operation Glade was a Metropolitan Police Service investigation into allegations of possible corruption in the police service.

Operation Reproof, by police in Plymouth, revealed the first of what became many systematic attempts to gain illegal confidential information on the prime minister (Gordon Brown) and his family, but their findings were suppressed.

Nick Davies: "The police team were then surprised and upset when Judge Paul Darlow refused in 2005 to regard the issue as sufficiently serious to go to trial. He prevented a jury from hearing the case, saying the alleged behaviour was too trivial to justify criminal misconduct charges, and the proposed trial would be a waste of public money."
I wonder what questions they have lined up for Viscount Rothermere? Could be a highlight moment !
spoonman wrote:
Watchman wrote:

I always find the tabloid treatment of the English soccer team (and in particular the management) amusing especially when the inevitable happens of a big fall, but this is pretty special in undermining the appointee so quickly!
sport are arry
Such participants are also able to apply for material to be redacted, which could have given the culture secretary the chance to propose redactions to the Michel emails
Deffo brown trousers time.
satnav wrote:Looks like it's panic stations in Downing Street, Cameron is keen to get advance notice of what dirt is about to be thrown at him.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/ma ... ebekahwade
An outside observer might think that somebody had something to hide.
2019 General Election

I don't want to see any good news. I've resigned[…]

That's extremely encouraging. Don't know if you're[…]

The Biased BBC

She's talking about what the Tories are sayin[…]

Boris Johnson

For a fair chunk of the electorate the Prime Min[…]