Topics about News International
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
You know, I don't think he was. He was just the right sort of chap, belonged to the right clubs, knew which knew and fork to use. A good egg.
Nice Fisking of Clarke by Tabloid Watch:

http://tabloid-watch.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... other.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MacGuffin also has an eye-opening insight into how the Mail sources its stories:
But Simon Tomlinson, whose byline appears on the MailOnline article [...] said he does not know where the story came from and distanced himself from it when questioned about its origins.

"I've drawn a bit of a blank," he said in an email. "The (Daily) Mail Foreign Service, which did the piece for the paper, is really just an umbrella term for copy put together from agencies. My news desk isn’t sure where exactly it came from."
So it appears that the DM Foreign Service didn't check the story, neither did the news desk, and neither did the dweeb whose byline appears on it. RIP journalism.
smod wrote:
Leveson berating Indie on Sunday for leaking Coulson witness statement, and has launched an inquiry. Editor will be called today.
How idiotic can you be?

Arrogance more like. Very much the same arrogance and almost contempt that Clarke showed yesterday.
Jay was summarising evidence and said...

Jay suggests that Rupert Murdoch suffered "selective amnesia" around his meeting with then-prime minister Margaret Thatcher in 1981 before his purchase of the Times.

"If you accept Mr Murdoch's evidence on this topic the point goes no further. If you do not the consequences ... go wide-ranging," Jay says, adding that inferences might be drawn about Murdoch's true intentions and are "capable of bearing on Mr Murdoch's integrity".
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Of course they agree. Because it's not them affect[…]

The Tories, Generally

https://twitter.com/RalfLittle/status/119689848163[…]

The LibDems, generally

That reminds me of Rick Spleen's vague plans for […]

Nigel Farage

I'm sure Sgt Major Williams will be along to comme[…]