Topics about News International
:sunglasses: 64.9 % ❤ 1.6 % :thumbsup: 11.9 % :grinning: 16.2 % 🧥 1.1 % 🙏 1.6 % 😟 1.6 % :cry: 0.5 % :shit: 0.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:20 pm
Boiler wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:35 pm
This is a thought that has crossed my mind; could Johnson actually come out of this smelling of roses?
I’ve changed my mind as I watch his rabbit in the headlights press conference performance. As others have already argued this is an agenda Johnson can’t control, distract from or bullshit that he can. And the emperor has no clothes.
I actually found myself feeling a bit sorry for him today.

Stood there with 2 taller men either side, and the knowledge that he has no power to throw them under the bus.
Eyes darting about as he realised that the shit's got real and he can't play this for laughs.
Knowing that he's waaaay out of his depth, all the Murdoch's, Rothermere's and Bullinddon contacts in the world won't be able to hide a pile of bodies if it turns bad.
All backed up by the knowledge that he's running on nothing by guesswork and hope for the best.

Cummings superforecasters dropped the ball on this one.
He can't laugh it all off with a bit of cod Latin and some gurning for the cameras.
Laura won't be out there with her "Number 10 sources".
A mishap on a zipline and a union jack hanky won't cut it.

Time to step up or go home.
Last edited by Bones McCoy on Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cycloon, Kreuzberger liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Bones McCoy wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:26 pm
I actually found myself feeling a bit sorry for him today.
It may be a time for magnanimity and coming together but I wouldn’t go that far. Cunt deserves everything that’s coming to him. Johnson has an important role to play in reaching people who don’t trust the busybody so-called experts and he can’t even step up for that.
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
At the moment Boris and his team seem to be briefing friendly journalists with his plans but then when it comes to the crunch and he stands in front of the camera the plans seem to change. All weekend there has been lots of talk about making the over 70's self isolate but then today forced isolation seems to have been watered down to voluntary isolation. It is starting to look like he is using the selected journalists to fly kites to see what the public reaction might be. I can't imagine that the journalists will be happy to play this game for much longer.

By Boiler
The Red Arrow wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:57 pm
#BorisResign trending.

Wasn't meant to be like this, was it? Not going to lie about no schadenfreude in this house.
I do wonder how Corbyn would have handled it. No better, I suspect.

By cycloon
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
lambswool wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:02 pm
To be honest, I can’t think of ANYONE in any current political party with the gravitas to deliver a solid, reassuring message on this issue.
Irrespective, when he's been sold to the cretins as some sort of Churchillian dynamo... it's just the most egregious and dangerous example possible of the fundamental conceit that ties this array of fuckwits, from the Mail and Telegraph to Johnson to Cummings to white van man to Blitz spirit Kipper nutjobs, together: they have no fucking idea how to play any game other than the one already rigged for them.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
lambswool wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:02 pm
To be honest, I can’t think of ANYONE in any current political party with the gravitas to deliver a solid, reassuring message on this issue.
Smooth operator Rishi Sunak is one of the most reassuring voices on the government side. Corbyn’s been OK but Starmer’s MIA.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:48 pm
The Red Arrow wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:57 pm
#BorisResign trending.

Wasn't meant to be like this, was it? Not going to lie about no schadenfreude in this house.
I do wonder how Corbyn would have handled it. No better, I suspect.
I suspect Corbyn, and his circle would have been a complete shitshow.

I can see a person with rigour like Starmer (Other options exist), pulling a unity response together and getting the brightest and best involved.
oboogie liked this
Roll Call

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fltlECfjVvU/T_ChlaHJWQI[…]

The Sun

Four years ago it was "They're after more […]

Dominic Raab

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/04/07/12/141671[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

I"m sure there will be those who will now say[…]