Topics about News International
:sunglasses: 64.3 % ❤ 1.5 % :thumbsup: 11.7 % 😯 0.5 % :grinning: 15.8 % 🧥 1 % 🙏 2 % 😟 1.5 % :cry: 1 % :shit: 0.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
To borrow, not inappropriately from Jean-Paul Sartre and depending upon your view, racism is other people.

Those in the firing line are patriots and "statue defenders", a hastily cobbled-together term that lacks the gravitas or the focus-grouped finesse of "legitimate concern".

Meanwhile, I am baking the focaccia for the next few days. Or is the oven the subject of the verb? While we let that weigh upon our thoughts, I'll get the fucker out or it will burn.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:36 am
I don't know whether it's good news or bad, but the print circulation of the Mail has overtaken the Sun for the first time. It's now, God help us, the biggest-selling daily in the country.
If both are trending downward then it's good.

By Andy McDandy
If you want tits, you buy the Star. If you want right wing diatribe, you buy the Mail. If you want football, tough because there hasn't been any for 3 months. As others have said, who buys the Sun for its political insight?

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
One assumes you'd drive round Basildon* looking for houses with In Ger Lund flags hanging from the upstairs windows and white vans parked outside.

*Other Essex towns are available, and will contain similar poorly-educated S*n-reading morons who'd take the word of a S*n "journalist" at face value.
By satnav
What I don't understand with the Johnny Depp court case is why Johnny Depp is suing the Sun and not JK Rowling because this is the headline that sparked the case.

Surely if she had sold the rites to the film to a production company then she really wouldn't have had much input in the casting. And at the time the accusations were just that. Johnny Depp has never been charged with assaulting Amber Heard.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
A number from BBC2's The Rise of the Murdoch Family; Max Mosley underwrote anyone who wanted to sue Murdoch's papers by £3m and I doubt he had to pay any out. One of them was John Prescott who knew he had a good case but not good enough to put his house on the line. Mosley's an unlikely national hero but it was always a matter of time Murdoch would upset the wrong person. I seem to remember Murdoch got his fingers burned badly in Massachusetts where anti-media monopoly legislation found its way quickly in to the state senate after upsetting the Kennedys.

By Samanfur
satnav wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:31 pm
Surely if she had sold the rites to the film to a production company then she really wouldn't have had much input in the casting. And at the time the accusations were just that. Johnny Depp has never been charged with assaulting Amber Heard.
If the amount of creative control she had written into her contract was even the same as the adaptations of the original books, then she has more than you think. She was the person who vetoed the whole story being moved to the US, with American leads.

On the Fantastic Beasts franchise, she's the screenwriter, it's written into her contract that the films can't be made without her say-so, and she allegedly has near-total control, including on hiring.
The Trump Presidency

https://twitter.com/neal_katyal/status/12903299935[…]

Roll Call

What a lovely name. I hope she wears it in happine[…]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

And of course Matt Zerb-Cousin in joining in - […]

Boris Johnson

https://twitter.com/Otto_English/status/1290407682[…]