:sunglasses: 58.6 % :thumbsup: 13.8 % :grinning: 24.1 % :cry: 3.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
I love this idea that I, and 16.2 million others, just give up on our ideals, beliefs, hopes and expectations to make a bunch of superranuated xenophobes feel a bit better.

Shitgibbons.*

*Thanks, Bones.
Boiler liked this

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:43 pm
This is all a ploy to foist no deal on the country and then she can blame the EU and the public will swallow it.
That is the plan but not necessarily the final outcome. The press still holds enormous sway but only so long as people can afford the cover price.
Kreuzberger wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:49 pm
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:43 pm
This is all a ploy to foist no deal on the country and then she can blame the EU and the public will swallow it.
That is the plan but not necessarily the final outcome. The press still holds enormous sway but only so long as people can afford the cover price.
They'll swallow it they always do.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:54 pm
They'll swallow it they always do.
I fear you're right. I hope that the RW press will not have the traction and the pre-eminence that they previously had in being able to dictate the narrative.

Here comes the even more depressing bit. Whereas Social Media once had the intrinsic power to fragment the top-down conversation, that ship has sailed. The divides are more cavernous and the healing or coming together, (shite phrase if there ever was one), less likely.

Common ground doesn't even exist any more. This is a peacetime nation that couldn't field eleven men for a rerun along the Western Front game of footie around Christmas, 1914.

I am not optimistic that Social Media can resolve this. Moreover, the entrenchment seems to be powering the silos.
Aaron Bastani

He's trying to win Uncle Seamus's approval. https[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

If we're honest we are really facing a "glove[…]

Climate change and "politics"

Well done to those kids who went on strike today. […]

The Trump Presidency

He has declared a national emergency on salad (veg[…]