Topics about the Northern & Shell titles
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
#127160
But when the UAF go out to start a ruck with the EDL, the EDL then play the victim card ("we were just protesting radical Islam/we're not racist, we allow blacks in, they attacked us") and get more sympathy than they would if they were just left to starting a fight by themselves and they would be rightly seen as the thugs that they are.
#127162
Dan wrote:But when the UAF go out to start a ruck with the EDL, the EDL then play the victim card ("we were just protesting radical Islam/we're not racist, we allow blacks in, they attacked us") and get more sympathy than they would if they were just left to starting a fight by themselves and they would be rightly seen as the thugs that they are.
I think that you rather overstate the public sympathy that the EDL are supposedly getting. The Daily Star aside, they don't appear to have more than a fraction of the popularity of say, Combat 18. I'd certainly question their ability to portray themselves as innocent non-thugs when endless coverage of snarling, hate-filled, brawling EDL members already exists in the public domain.
#127186
Killer Whale wrote:
bluebellnutter wrote:
Killer Whale wrote:Yeah, just you fucking ignore them. That'll fucking teach 'em.

In other news, the Daily Mail would close tomorrow if only we would stop posting here. :roll:
Sorry to upset your world view what with having a different opinion and all.
You're the fucker that patronised me with the facepalm image.
After you patronised me with the "tutting at your keyboard" line, you mean? Oh yes, two can play at that game mate.

Face it, not everyone agrees with you. No need to throw your toys out of your pram about it.
#127201
Abernathy wrote:
Dan wrote:But when the UAF go out to start a ruck with the EDL, the EDL then play the victim card ("we were just protesting radical Islam/we're not racist, we allow blacks in, they attacked us") and get more sympathy than they would if they were just left to starting a fight by themselves and they would be rightly seen as the thugs that they are.
I think that you rather overstate the public sympathy that the EDL are supposedly getting. The Daily Star aside, they don't appear to have more than a fraction of the popularity of say, Combat 18. I'd certainly question their ability to portray themselves as innocent non-thugs when endless coverage of snarling, hate-filled, brawling EDL members already exists in the public domain.
I think they do have some sympathy among some of the middle-classes who see them as the lone voices against Muslim extremism and are willing to tolerate their "snarling" because they think it's for a good cause and their consciences seem to be eased because the EDL publically say they welcome non-whites so they don't think you can accuse the EDL of being racist. And when the UAF show up, it inadvertently adds to the sympathy they get.

I don't think the EDL are massively popular, no, nor do I think they ever will be but any support for football hooligans is too much as far as I'm concerned and there has to be a better way at tackling them than how the UAF are doing it.
#127204
I don't think the UAF protesters should stay away, but they need to learn from Gandhi/King. Stay calm and dignified, do not resist if attacked except to maintain minimum self-defence. That way they achieve and maintain the moral advantage. The moral advantage in these cases matters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satyagraha
#127218
Yeah, on the anti-EDL marches I've been on there's been people from UAF and the SWP clearly spoiling for a fight. And it's as well for them they didn't get one, they were spotty little herberts to a man. Certainly I've heard the "acquaint their head with the pavement" line rather a lot from people who supposedly peaceful.

That said, on the march in Manchester a couple of years back, the EDL split into groups and rushed the police behind the UAF demo where they thought it was weaker. Whatever you may see UAF doing to start fights, they haven't been as premditated as that.

But I think that UAF lose a lot of the moral high ground through their excessively combative rhetoric and their attempts to suggest that Griffin & co shouldn't be allowed free speech. One guy I know said he was in favour of free speech as a principle, but that the BNP were too dangerous to be allowed a platform. A principle's only worth a shit of you stick to it when it's inconvenient to do so. Otherwise it's a preference.
#127239
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:I don't think the UAF protesters should stay away, but they need to learn from Gandhi/King. Stay calm and dignified, do not resist if attacked except to maintain minimum self-defence. That way they achieve and maintain the moral advantage. The moral advantage in these cases matters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satyagraha
That's basically what I've been saying all along.
#127281
At the EDL demonstrations I've seen, almost all the aggressive behaviour comes from them. There's also some from local Muslim youths, who I don't blame for wanting to fight people who target and abuse them.
#127380
http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonline/ ... faced.aspx

Fuck me they're thick.

Seems that all EDL are really UAF dressed up to make the EDL look bad. Or something.

(I'm Joe btw. I like Einstien's steez).
#127383
@ joe wrote:

Right if U think that we would go that low then U r one sad person. whoever did this need's a kick up the back side. to put this on bridge to do with jade and her grandmother. I know 100% it was not edl or bnp member. we would never do something like this. i thing u need to read abit more about the edl and the bnp . Oh one more thing. no one made me do this.
Somehow manages to even make his writing sound like it's being said by someone whose half-brain-dead. Quite impressive really, were it not for the fact he's a mong.
#127389
@ joe wrote:

Yes I am 100% from Maidstone born and bread. and 100% British not English ( British ). but am not going to sit on a page and lower myself to a sad person. you believe Wot you want too. but I can 100% say that no edl member did this.that bridge was build in respect for to life that was so sadly taken from this world. so do U think we would go that low. NO. oh if U would like a book about the edl i would be happy send one out to u to read up on. free

16 Feb 2011 5:46 PM
born and bread. Heh.
oh if U would like a book about the edl i would be happy send one out to u to read up on. free
That's nice of him. Shall I put my address online so the EDL can kindly send me information? They do seem quite trustworthy.
#127391
Gives you faith in the quality of representative wee would get if they a) formed a political party and got someone to fill the forms in for them, b) we get AV and the tossers get an MP or two and c) they don't get immediately disbarred on the grounds of their criminal records...
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7

Can't we reserve this historical re-enactment for […]

Roll Call

Morning Kreuz, morning everybody. Early, innit?[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

More to the point; how can the party laughably kno[…]

Boris Johnson

I'm willing to believe Johnson has been listening […]