•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
Someone in the past has suggested a *nix cron job that goes wrong: I'm now wondering if that is tied up to my usual grumble about the cache directory not being writable.

phpBB is well beyond my pay grade, sadly. I know from searches that there are issues with phpBB 3 (and one of them is indeed "cache NOT writable).

However, nonetheless I think it's great that Merk has given us a free-to-use playground for so long - I've just had a mod on another forum threaten me with closing my account after he challenged me over using an adblocker/tracker blocker and not subscribing. He got handed his arse on a plate by a couple of the regulars.
Last edited by Boiler on Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By lambswool
Membership Days
lambswool wrote:It's 04:12 and it's the 12th of June.

All is well.

So far . . . . .
In my naïveté I thought that, at the exact stroke of midnight, the forum would go 'phut'.
So I was chuffed to see it up and running in the early hours when I had one of my regular bouts of insomnia. I looked in again, though, at 4:40 and . . . . . nothing.

Glad it's been fixed so promptly this time.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
lambswool wrote:
lambswool wrote:It's 04:12 and it's the 12th of June.

All is well.

So far . . . . .
In my naïveté I thought that, at the exact stroke of midnight, the forum would go 'phut'.
So I was chuffed to see it up and running in the early hours when I had one of my regular bouts of insomnia. I looked in again, though, at 4:40 and . . . . . nothing.

Glad it's been fixed so promptly this time.
Sounds like a cron (batch) job scheduled at 4:15 or 4:30 that runs some maintenance.

Are we able to find out whether it was manually revived, or did it come back of its own accord?

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
What a twelfth to be in deeply catholic Regensburg. No mailwatch to preoccupy me and it was hardly worth taking a brush to my bowler, after all.

Oh well, I will have to make do with a biergarten with the lesbians. My kinda #nosurrender, possibly.
Dominic Cummings

Emily does her Garfield Sobers at Cardiff impres[…]

Sarah Vine aka Mrs Gove

"I was saying Boo-ris."

The Tories, Generally

To be fair, he wasn't there though.

The Trump Presidency

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52815552