•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Herbal Essences shampoo.
I imagine the planning meeting went something like this.
"We need a USP"
"If we took the wheat flour out, we could advertise it as gluten free. And the punters would pay more for it."
"Great! Er, why does it contain wheat?"
"It doesn't"
New Halifax advert sees bank manager trying to flog mortgages to cast of The Human Centipede

Halifax is busy ruining another classic film beloved by the whole family.
http://newsthump.com/2018/10/22/new-hal ... centipede/
Just out of interest, when was the last time anyone here actually thought "Yes! I'm having some of that!" and purchased something due to a tv ad? Or is it all too subliminal for my poor Budweiser addled brain to contemplate? Dilly! Dilly!
Another entry for LG. The current ad where the young girl, maybe 5 or 6 years old, enters the room to tell her dad she is hungry and the trendy tosser asks Google Assistant for a list of Greek restaurants. What the fuck! Who, when a young child tells them they are hungry, thinks Greek restaurants. It was bad enough he didn't reply to his daughter directly, but then he thinks about what he would like, rather than his daughter, the selfish prick. These ads must be a reflection of the type of the thought processes of the self-obsessed, trendy bell-ends who work for LG's marketing department.
I don't really get the Assistant stuff. I suppose if you're out and about it's quicker than typing.

At home, however, I don't really understand what the appeal is other than time-saving to an almost anal degree. 'Lawks, I need to turn up the volume of the music, what a trial, this will surely scupper my evening's timetable'.

Furthermore, I have a pet theory that relying on our memories for choices - films, music, etc - is inherently limiting. I find the music I want by looking at what I have, either on the shelf or on the screen. It strikes me Alexa et al are excellent for 'play my happy playlist' ad land bollocks, but not anyone who actually likes music.
AOB liked this
cycloon wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:33 am
I don't really get the Assistant stuff. I suppose if you're out and about it's quicker than typing.

At home, however, I don't really understand what the appeal is other than time-saving to an almost anal degree. 'Lawks, I need to turn up the volume of the music, what a trial, this will surely scupper my evening's timetable'.
I expect people said the same about remote controls.
"When I was your age son, we had to walk to the TV, turn a knob, and sit down again. You kids don't know you're born."
The Echo in my bedroom is useful. I can turn the bed side lamp in and off, vary the brightness, ask it the time and use it as an alarm clock.
I don't know about the Google one, but I can say "Alexa, Wikipedia, Brexit (or something), and she reads it out. It's far faster than using a computer or tablet.
Europe? And the Future of Britain in Europe

Well deserved I thought.

Nigel Farage

Even if it's not true it's true.

Jeremy Corbyn.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/labour-rem[…]

Toby Young

Translation: I bullied my kids. And I show th[…]