:sunglasses: 43.8 % :thumbsup: 15.6 % :grinning: 37.5 % 😟 3.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Pretty sure if I called someone at 3am to share a sunrise in 2 hours time, even assuming its summer, the response would be short, sharp and ending in off.
AOB liked this
Snowflake wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:37 am
Pretty sure if I called someone at 3am to share a sunrise in 2 hours time, even assuming its summer, the response would be short, sharp and ending in off.
Him : I can call you at 3 in the morning...
Her: Best not. My husband will be fucking raging if I disappear to go off with you again in the middle of the night.
Snowflake liked this
I think it's a car advert, it's always on, with the Alexa conversation between John and his girlfriend. It starts with Alexa saying "footie's on" and ends with "flatmate's out winking face". Instead of buying a new car, John should use the cash to get a flat for him and his girlfriend if their relationship is partly dependent on her flatmate being out, as I infer from this that he doesn't live alone either. "AOB says John wants to grow the fuck up".
mattomac liked this
I'm assuming his mate (who wants to watch the footie with him) is his flatmate in the other place, I also find it a bit desperate and needy.

Like "Yes I have a big car and the women lust after me" kind of bullshit that I thought we had moved on from, I hope he gets stuck in traffic, though oddly enough it seems the place he lives no one else drives.

As for that nationwide advert are they supposed to be boyfriend and girlfriend, as I assumed when I first saw him that he was gay and his accent doesn't change that. (Call it Gaydar)
mattomac wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:46 pm
As for that nationwide advert are they supposed to be boyfriend and girlfriend, as I assumed when I first saw him that he was gay and his accent doesn't change that. (Call it Gaydar)
I think he's gay too. But I'm with @Snowflake on this and take a dim view on phonecalls at 3am. Someone being upset, in trouble or hospital related is fine but someone with a "sunrise sharing" request would get short shrift.
mattomac liked this
What's that bullshit with soem guy wandering about with glasses and a twirly moustache drawn on his face?

Jigglypuff is coming after you with an intellectual property sueball, motherfuckers!

lord_kobel liked this
The latest Trivago with the grey haired, North American "posh" woman thinking she's got a good deal doesn't chime. A la-di-da type wouldn't be arsed about the price and certainly wouldn't publicly boast about it being good value. It would have made more sense to have hired a smug consumer type like Martin Lewis or Matt Allwright boasting they had a good deal then finding out it could have been got cheaper.
There's a radio ad (hear it on LBC, for example) running at the moment for some betting company, "Bet Victor" or something, the point of which just escapes me.

It features former football manager Harry Redknapp, and seems to be entirely predicated on Harry being some kind of completely useless thick tosser: "Saund's back an' I forgot to put the bins awwt..." .

It doesn't make me fancy having a flutter, even if I were a gambling man, which I'm not.

Anybody understand it ?
No. And neither will I understand why he'll be chewing the thick end of 70 fahsan pahn for this drivel.

National advertising, even on the wireless, doesn't come cheap but it is always palmed off to the intern, the mewling daughter of a client CEO. I don't get that either.
The latest Alexa ad has it helping a blind woman. Very clever. Slag off Alexa and you a monster because they help the less fortunate, don't you know. Jeff Bezos -you have achieved nothing more in life than a very lucky lottery winner. Go and guilt trip someone else.
Not TV, but the current radio ad telling us to "get ready for Brexit" which starts with a sound of the bastard offspring of a default email alert, crossed with the audible resonance of a wine glass, distorted into a sound that screams "Actung!" followed by a patronising male voice from HMG telling us to be prepared. Ad ends with the same annoying sound.

Of course what the public service ad fails to mention is what preparations have the government been making for the 1st November, because it's going to be tricky & expensive to cover your own tracks when the government itself isn't telling us much in public what their preparations are, or if it'll even happen on the date.
AOB liked this
Army ads. Done in such a way as to make out non-army people and all other jobs are boring and worthless. I'd quite like to see an anti-army ad, showing ex-soldiers who had limbs blown away, ex-soldiers sleeping on the streets, the increased chance of death compared to most other professions, a few words from bereaved familes and children of soldiers, maybe with the tagline of "Fancy being a dispensable lackey for your Government. Fancy killing innocent civilians just so your Government can make oil money? Join the Army, we've a body bag ready with your name on."
lord_kobel liked this
I saw a billboard ad for an internet jobsite advertising 185,000 jobs. This kind of simplistic nonsense plays right into the hands of Home County, Tory voting Mail readers who see all unemployed people as shirkers who could get a job if they want. Eliminate the thousands of ones that are many miles away, eliminate the ones after specific qualifications and/or experience, eliminate the ones that are either part time if you are after full time, and vice versa, eliminate the ones with hours that you simply cannot do, eliminate the ones that you are simply not suited to, eliminate the ones that are not your skillset. I've missed plenty of valid reasons too. It's just not as black and white as "there are 185,000 jobs- come and get one".
Meanwhile in France

It doesn't get any Frencher than this. Fridays fo[…]

Question Time

Gammon Logic. What the fucking hell has happene[…]

Labour, Generally.

I suppose there is always Lord Buckethead. Al[…]

Mark Francois MP

I assume they don't call him 'Penfold' for nothing[…]