•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Axminster tools did similar: the star present was a cement mixer...

(Actually, Mrs A would love a cement mixer, as she's a wannabee brickie. But she's got her heart set on a welding kit)

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Because he's a Vinnie the Panda cultist?

And I have a brick to throw at the tv for the next time I see someone who obviously isn't a real teacher or 'Coastwatch' volunteer unsuccessfully trying to sell me some tat or other. Should be laws against stuff like that.

By bluebellnutter
Here's an example of how advertising doesn't work. This shop closed down for good within 24 hours of the advert being aired.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... ebook-post" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By mattomac
Kevin Bacon - Anyone understand why he is flogging EE in even more desperate cliche ridden adverts?

As for that Moneysupermarket thing... It wasn't funny the first time now you have more builders and more blokes in suits and it's even worse...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Though as this clip from Charlie Brooker shows simpletons like it. Yes I do mean This Morning viewers and George Osborne (Whatever happened to him).

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
mattomac wrote:Kevin Bacon - Anyone understand why he is flogging EE in even more desperate cliche ridden adverts?

As for that Moneysupermarket thing... It wasn't funny the first time now you have more builders and more blokes in suits and it's even worse...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Though as this clip from Charlie Brooker shows simpletons like it. Yes I do mean This Morning viewers and George Osborne (Whatever happened to him).
I think the rule is that the vaguer the product, the crapper the ads.

Want to sell a car - you can film a car full of beautiful people and CGI on a lovely looking background.

Want to flog price comparison / insurance - you'll need some shit puppet, talking dog, cartoon character or opera singer then keep plugging away for 12 years.
By mattomac
Actually you might be on to something...

That Skoda advert which probably sends some into seizures, it which it just has flashing colours and a voiceover saying "Love your music"... "Love your colour"... "Love your Skoda" ... Well no and to be honest I don't get the music connection, most cars have music output thingys.

By bluebellnutter
Is that the one that looks like a terrible 1990s advert for a local carpet shop or similar because it's so naff?
By Fozzy
I've been watching a few things online on ITV player recently, but it really is such a shit system, not least because they have many more advert breaks than normal and they play the same few adverts over and over again. If you dare to break off the programme part way through and come back to it, you can't resume where you left off without having the same batch of ads played at you again. The whole thing is counter-productive, because it's so offputting you end up swearing an almighty oath never to use the products advertised. Orangina and Go Compare, I'm looking at you.
Boris Johnson

https://twitter.com/MoS_Politics/status/1172977063[…]

The LibDems, generally

Interesting. Never take Twitter at face value woul[…]

David Cameron

Hamface has known Johnson and Gove for long enou[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Oh, I can sense the foam around the mouths of news[…]