•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
On another message board one of the women there had said for years that she had been raped by a TV celebrity but never gave his name. When Sir Jim died she finally came out and alleged that he was the man. She wasn't underage but in her late teens when she and her friend were picked up by him and taken to his hotel where he allegedly raped both of them, he was supposedly a forceful man both physically and mentally and they were scared shitless of him.

TBH, I've been waiting for this story to come out of the woodwork.
By Andy McDandy
I remember reading a piece (perhaps by John Peel?) about the DJ culture in the 1960s, where the author met Saville in a nightclub, Savile with a 'dolly bird' on each arm. According to the article, Saville expressed the opinion that the only reason anyone would want to be DJ (or indeed any sort of celebrity) was for the women, money and fame. He expressed surprise that anyone (yeah, in fact I'm convinced it was Peel) should give a shit about the music.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
In 1998 ITV had a special series of Fantasy Football League on during World Cup where the show was on every second or third night and broadcast live. On one of them there was a skit where Frank Skinner impersonated Jimmy Saville, they did it a couple of times and they were a bit crap to be fair, though on one episode later David Baddiel read out a letter from a mother who said that her young daughter loved the "Jimmy Saville slots" and wondered if they would be coming out, which seen Frank Skinner quip "...I bet he (Saville) likes her slot!" With it being live and all that went out to a national audience but was never mentioned again, nor were there any more skits. So it seems to have been a whisper going around for some time. There's also the story of Saville making several visits to the care home in Jersey that was the centre of an abuse case on the island.

At the same time though, Jimmy was a bit of an eccentric who never married and lived with his mother until she died. It could simply be that his personality allowed stories and rumours to flourish. It's also a bit of opportunist time by ITV to screen such a documentary on the first anniversary of his death and only come out to speak when his body's cold in the ground (though it might have been the case that there was a Super Injunction involved).

By Abernathy
Right, so in summary, all those rumours about Jimmy Saville might well have had some basis in truth, and now that the bonkers showbiz personality is safely dead, there's fair game in saying so beyond the reach of the libel courts - so somebody's decided to take a punt. End of story.

Next !
By Big Rob
Abernathy wrote:Right, so in summary, all those rumours about Jimmy Saville might well have had some basis in truth, and now that the bonkers showbiz personality is safely dead, there's fair game in saying so beyond the reach of the libel courts - so somebody's decided to take a punt. End of story.

Next !

Fair point. He is dead so he cannot defend himself.....

Decent topic for a debate.

Can victims of sexual abuse pipe up after their, alleged, perpetrator's death?

By Samanfur
There was an article in (I think it was) the IoS magazine a few years ago with an interview with Saville. The interviewer was so used to the cuddly public persona that he expressed shock that Saville arrived with a couple of 17 year old blondes pawing all over him, only for Saville to reply (once they'd been sent on their way) that he was at it like a rabbit with girls that age all the time, but whoever'd believe them if they said that they'd been screwing Jimmy Saville, which is why nobody ever reported it.

Even without the fact that the dead can't sue for defamation, this revelation doesn't surprise me.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Samanfur wrote:There was an article in (I think it was) the IoS magazine a few years ago with an interview with Saville. The interviewer was so used to the cuddly public persona that he expressed shock that Saville arrived with a couple of 17 year old blondes pawing all over him, only for Saville to reply (once they'd been sent on their way) that he was at it like a rabbit with girls that age all the time, but whoever'd believe them if they said that they'd been screwing Jimmy Saville, which is why nobody ever reported it.

Even without the fact that the dead can't sue for defamation, this revelation doesn't surprise me.
Don't quite get your point there. Are you drawing a link between sex with 17 year olds and rape?

Edit- I get your point now. About him knowing no-one would believe them? That's a very fair point.

By Samanfur
That's it. By "report" it, I meant as in the media catching hold of the story, because cuddly Sir Jimmy Saville doing this sort of thing with teenagers would be seen as just too far-fetched.

By D.C. Harrison
Membership Days Posts
I find it staggering that if it was only fairly recent (as in, last 5/10 years), the 17 year old girls would have a clue who he was - it's not like he'd aged like Robert Redford and still managed to exude a certain handsome charm. Perhaps he had paid some agency to send a couple of young lasses to pretend to coo all over him for the benefit of the journo?
By smod
Membership Days Posts
Chilling.
[Savile] writes of an incident at the Mecca Locarno ballroom in Leeds, where he worked as a DJ during the 1950s, when a female police officer came in with a photograph of “an attractive girl who had run away from a remand home”.

Savile writes: “‘Ah,’ says I all serious, ‘if she comes in I’ll bring her back tomorrow but I’ll keep her all night first as my reward’.” He then writes that the girl did go into the club and “agreed that I hand her over if she could stay at the dance, [and] come home with me”. He wrote that he did then hand her over to the “lady of the law…[who] was dissuaded from bringing charges against me by her colleagues, for it was well known that were I to go I would probably take half the station with me”.
http://timesopinion.tumblr.com/post/328 ... mmy-savile" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[youtube]JTfGWkLUB84[/youtube]

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Watching it now. Looks very convincing, loads of women speaking on camera. Horrible, horrible. Now recording of Saville defending Gary Glitter.

I'm reminded of when the Rochdale case broke, some on the right talked about "sexualisation of children". The victims of Saville sound the very opposite of sexualised. More knowledge of sex and they'd have run a mile.
Rampant racism

Britain braces for invasion of deadly Asian hor[…]

Endangering Democracy

Likewise, Ireland's second vote on the Nice(?) […]

Nigel Farage

I rather like the sound of Loughborough Dynamo and[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

She's got herself an online fan club of sorts who […]