For other types of media
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Well, not actually charged with sexual assault, I believe. He is helping with enquiries in relation to "historic" allegations. Like with DLT, we shouldn't get ahead of things.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Paul wrote:The same innuendo was played against Peter Adamson in the 1980s. No Facebook or Twitter on those days

Just the Sun newspaper, for the "facts".
From Wiki
On 24 April 1983, a Sunday newspaper reported that Adamson had been arrested for indecently assaulting two eight-year old girls in a public swimming pool in Haslingden where he had assisted as a part-time instructor. One was allegedly assaulted the day before, the other on 16 April. The police complaint alleged that Adamson's hands had strayed while giving the girls swimming lessons.[2]

He was represented by the barrister George Carman QC, who had a prominent career defending celebrities. On 26 July 1983, a Crown Court jury found Adamson not guilty. The following year, after his wife's death and still suffering financial woes and drinking problems, he was allegedly persuaded by freelance Sun reporter Dan Slater to change his story following several bottles of whisky. Adamson was alleged to have told Slater "I am totally guilty of everything the police said"...."But what I hope you will print - there was no sexual intent."[2]

As a result, Lincolnshire Police interviewed Adamson who categorically denied the confession. Slater claimed he had "mislaid" the tapes of the interview and the police took no further action.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Paul wrote:The same innuendo was played against Peter Adamson in the 1980s. No Facebook or Twitter on those days

Just the Sun newspaper, for the "facts".
All this press noisiness makes the blackout of the arrest from earlier this week all the more puzzling.
By Big Rob
smod wrote:
Big Rob wrote:Charged now apparently.
Lets hope the media behave themselves since he has not been convicted. Especially post-Leveson.

The media don't know what good behavior is, at least the grubbier end of Fleet Street don't.

I think Cameron's spineless refusal to act is a bit of a green light to getting back to business as usual.
Theresa May

John Crace, in The Guardian As so often, when […]

Jeremy Corbyn.

In the words of John Crace in The Guardian , &quo[…]

I suspect ‘All equally’ means haven&rs[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

A shame Germany have their own ideologically biase[…]