•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
Interesting to note that the disgrace of a former BBC employee is the main story on the BBC website. Just like the disgrace of a former News International employee like say, Rebekah Brooks was the main story on The Sun website.

Oh, wait.
By BeaBoyd
Membership Days
I remember how all the other media got onto the Jimmy Saville story, while on the BBC....Zzzzz tumbleweed. Only when it was glaringly obvious they couldn't hide it any longer did they report. Did someone mention Newsnight?!

ITV 10pm News, lead item - Stuart Hall.
BBC 10pm News, lead item - the love in that's Obama visiting Northern Ireland. He must be the ONE or the Messiah the way the BBC fawn after him. The onto Stuart Hall as quickly as possible, then onto Ian Brady because they've got to fit in a major 5 minute piece about Labour and their newest Education policy and Labour's party political broadcast. "Labour says this", "labour says that". "Labour will do this" Labour will do that. 11 seconds for the Government's view followed by more of Labour. Balance? PAH.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Plus a guilty plea, albeit late on, and the fact that most of the offences were at less serious levels (there are levels of seriousness for sexual offences).

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sent ... l_assault/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:Plus a guilty plea, albeit late on, and the fact that most of the offences were at less serious levels (there are levels of seriousness for sexual offences).

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sent ... l_assault/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The offences were committed before 1985 when sentencing was rightfully toughened up. The judge was bound by that in coming to a decision.

What's that funny smell?
By Big Rob
BeaBoyd wrote:I remember how all the other media got onto the Jimmy Saville story, while on the BBC....Zzzzz tumbleweed. Only when it was glaringly obvious they couldn't hide it any longer did they report. Did someone mention Newsnight?
I must admit. I am a real fan of the way the mail and their mates take responsibility for their actions.
By Andy McDandy
I also remember how Jimmy Savile's death was reported. Pretty much every obit of him had a line along the lines of "Despite persistent rumours about his private life, nothing was ever proved, did a lot for charity, blah blah."

Second lead item on the evening news (and to be fair, celeb in court is trumped by the world's leaders thrashing out current crises in the relevance and importance stakes) is not 'burying' the story.

By davidjay
Andy McDandy wrote:I also remember how Jimmy Savile's death was reported. Pretty much every obit of him had a line along the lines of "Despite persistent rumours about his private life, nothing was ever proved, did a lot for charity, blah blah."

Second lead item on the evening news (and to be fair, celeb in court is trumped by the world's leaders thrashing out current crises in the relevance and importance stakes) is not 'burying' the story.
Don't forget there are some minds that see imbalance and bias everywhere. The word is 'paranoid'.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:Plus a guilty plea, albeit late on, and the fact that most of the offences were at less serious levels (there are levels of seriousness for sexual offences).

The offences were committed before 1985 when sentencing was rightfully toughened up. The judge was bound by that in coming to a decision.

What's that funny smell?
I look forward to Peter Hitchens explaining about good old tough no-nonsense justice.

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
"Former BBC broadcaster Stuart Hall is to be stripped of his OBE by the Queen"

Please tell me she's going to march into his prison cell, tear off his medal (and his epaulettes if they exist on prison uniform) in person, and then perhaps knee him in the groin on the way out. Whilst dressed as a giant swan, obviously.

If so, I demand live coverage of this on ALL channels.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

There's still Maugham's legal challenge tomorrow, […]

The Trump Presidency

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-5008783[…]

The LibDems, generally

Does Johnson getting a deal bring some Tory Remain[…]

Lots of those 24 independents for the deal will be[…]