For other types of media
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I've been on the You Gov panel since its inception. Watching how the company/site has developed has been rather interesting. For example, You Gov is now a trusted opinion poll provider, often quoted to illustrate political trends and with a very good record of accuracy.

In other areas, You Gov now tries to build up a picture of the views of each individual contributor. I thought it might be interesting to share these - are you a You Gov contributor? Here's my opinions profile :
RELIGION AND SPIRITUALITY: I definitely don't belong to a specific religion THE GOD QUESTION: I would say I don't believe in any God or universal spirit at all I am quite certain of this I definitely don't believe in Ghosts, Hell, Heaven, Reincarnation / Past Lives, Angels, The Devil, Magic, Fate / Destiny, Telepathy / Psychic Powers, Alien Life / UFOs, Karma / Cosmic Justice, An Everlasting Soul, A Creator and An Afterlife MY POLITICS: I normally think of myself as identifying with the Labour Party I feel this very strongly MY ISSUES: The issues I feel most strongly about include Schools & Education, The Monarchy, The European Union, The NHS, International wars and Multiculturalism Academies and "free schools" are a distraction: we should be raising the standard of state education across the board Grammar schools were divisive and unfair - good riddance! Teachers are undervalued in our society and should generally be given more respect and more pay I am strongly against the Monarchy I would describe myself as enthusiastic about the EU In principle, a quality NHS that is free for everyone is an achievable commitment for a prosperous society such as ours and in practice I find the NHS a very good service I tend to be against recent military actions by the West and feel that they do more damage than good in the long run I tend to believe that Multiculturalism is a positive element of modern Britain and enhances our way of life OTHER: I believe that International aid is our duty as a prosperous country and The House of Lords should be directly elected Britain has no need for Trident or any nuclear deterrent, Britain should become a republic and Spending cuts are damaging the fabric of our society
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
Mine's pretty much the same as Abers'.
RELIGION AND SPIRITUALITY: I definitely don't belong to a specific religion THE GOD QUESTION: I would say I don't believe in any God or universal spirit at all I am quite certain of this I definitely don't believe in Ghosts, Hell, Heaven, Reincarnation / Past Lives, Angels, The Devil, Magic, Fate / Destiny, Telepathy / Psychic Powers, Alien Life / UFOs, Karma / Cosmic Justice, An Everlasting Soul, A Creator and An Afterlife MY POLITICS: I normally think of myself as identifying with the Labour Party I feel this quite strongly MY ISSUES: The issues I feel most strongly about include The NHS, Celebrity culture, Tax, Abortion, International wars, The Monarchy, Drugs, The European Union and Schools & Education Academies and "free schools" are a distraction: we should be raising the standard of state education across the board Grammar schools were divisive and unfair - good riddance! Teachers are undervalued in our society and should generally be given more respect and more pay I am against the Monarchy on balance I think some currently illegal drugs should be legalised, but the most dangerous ones should remain illegal. I would describe myself as mildly Eurosceptic In principle, a quality NHS that is free for everyone is an achievable commitment for a prosperous society such as ours and in practice I find the NHS a very good service I tend to be against recent military actions by the West and feel that they do more damage than good in the long run On celebrity culture, I tend to think it is unhealthy and harmful to society and young people and by the way I would be happy to pay more tax than I currently pay As for the wealthiest in our society, they should pay more tax I tend to find myself on the liberal side of the argument, emphasising a woman's right to choose OTHER: I believe that International aid is our duty as a prosperous country and The House of Lords should be directly elected Class still divides more than it should in the UK, Britain has no need for Trident or any nuclear deterrent, Britain should become a republic and Spending cuts are damaging the fabric of our society
Should probably make the effort to complete more of the surveys they send me. More often than not I get part of the way through, then get distracted and don't bother to finish them off.
By Fozzy
Membership Days Posts
I joined fairly recently, haven't done that bit yet.

What is pissing me off about it at the moment is that the polls seem to have a disproportionate amount of what seems to be market research. Can't the manufacturers do their own research? I'm getting to the point that when those questions come up I disclaim any knowledge whatsoever of any of the products just to get through more quickly. And when they have that question at the end about how boring the poll was, I give it the maximum marks for utter tedium.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Yeah, I just go through those bits answering "don't know" or the middle of the scale, and I don't even bother with the prize draw ones.

I'm only really interested in the political stuff, andI just want to accumulate points for cash.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Oh and why the fuck has no journalist covered thi[…]

Fawning over the royal family

We know William and Harry are now despised but Phi[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

Could be worserer. According to Mac he had to prov[…]

Richard Littlejohn

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk[…]