•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
RT for me comes under the banner "watch with care" - interesting (usually) to view for short periods and can thought provoke against what is normally seen from mainstream anglophone mediums. However it's always worth remembering who is behind the channel and what its general agenda is. They certainly do a lot better job than China's CCTV which bores me crapless. France24 is fairly benign against other western media outlets, NHK world is informative without either being too stuffy (CCTV) or deliberately trying to provoke (probably down to the channel more being a promotional outlet of Japan itself rather than trying to proselytise). I'd say that RT's place on the Freeview EPG not far from BBC or Sky News has opened it to a wide UK audience. It's documentaries can be good though - they have a documentary channel but its not on the satellite used by Sky & Freesat.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Littlejohn's brain wrote:Part of the problem is that a lot of RT's audience in the UK believes everything it says and barely bothers to question what it tells them.
True dat. Coincidence between that, the regular appearances Farage gets on the channel and the amount of tin-foil hat wearers that stood under the UKIP banner in the recent council elections?

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
spoonman wrote:
Littlejohn's brain wrote:Part of the problem is that a lot of RT's audience in the UK believes everything it says and barely bothers to question what it tells them.
True dat. Coincidence between that, the regular appearances Farage gets on the channel and the amount of tin-foil hat wearers that stood under the UKIP banner in the recent council elections?
Yes Farage does appear regularly and there is a lot of anti EU rhetoric, which you would expect from Putin's realist statecraft which wants the EU and NATO as far away from its near-abroad as possible.

Reports on growing neo-Nazis movements in Germany is a favourite as well as employing useful idiots Max Keiser who has been predicting the complete collapse of the Western economic system for nearly five years. Keiser's animated banker bashing has earned him a following among some liberal/left viewers but he keeps some odd conspricacy theorist company. He is a gold standard obsessive (the Kremlin has a lot of that in their vaults coincidentally) and frequently talks about the collapse of 'FIAT' currency, a favourite Tea Party expression.
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
cycloon wrote:Whut?

How was Kremlin TV ever seen as progressive?
It's basically just Troll TV. It gives a platform to more or less anyone willing to slag off the status quo (except in Russia itself). Some interesting people sometimes appear on there, but so do a lot of cranks.
Theresa May

John Crace, in The Guardian As so often, when […]

Jeremy Corbyn.

In the words of John Crace in The Guardian , &quo[…]

I suspect ‘All equally’ means haven&rs[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

A shame Germany have their own ideologically biase[…]