For other types of media
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Curiousity pricked by a reference on TeeVee to Riefenstahl's Triumph of the Will, I went looking for it on YouTube and was amazed to find lots and lots of it. There is even what looks like the full version there.

But the truly gobsmacking thing is the comments accompanying the various clips. I know that the axiom that you should never read YouTube comments is one worth paying attention to, but Jeebus fucking fuck . Look at this short clip of Adolf:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_0V_xf3OQg ... re=related
kanistor22Jun 2, 2013
So tragic how a man speaking nothing but the truth, can become the most "hated" man in world history
michael616joaquin4 hours ago
Same, I don't think we'll ever have another one like him again..
Damon michel1 day ago
@Megan1986100 You say you can write 19 books trying to describe Adolf Hitler's cruelty and his so-called racial prejudice?? Very well.I shall write only one book which gives a detailed history regarding a man who rose from being a homeless bum to one of the most powerful and popular characters in the history of this world. Adolf Hitler was not a cruel man, but a person who loved his countrymen and women to such an extent that he drove jews out of Germany so that his own people could live.
Clement1964Jun 10, 2013
Hitler was right. That is also one of the reasons the holocaust lie exist. To discredit this great leader who dared to stand up against the synagogue of satan
And so on, and so on. UKIP, the EDF, and the BNP are the thin end of the wedge.
By canus insanus
Membership Days
Abers, I keep saying this, but have you ever accessed Yahoo news forum boards? They are full of the worst of the racist scum imaginable, and they comment under the cape of anonymity. As for moderation? Almost non-existent, although lately intensive complaining is reaping results, but the hateful comments still exist. For the record, I'm on my 4th ID now....

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:Nope, haven't looked at Yahoo news boards. Are they Nazis as in admirers of Adolf?

I may dip my toe in.
All it takes is one major territory to threaten a block on the site and they'll clean up their act. It happened with both France and Germany in the case of eBay and that was the end of the Nazi memorabilia.
By canus insanus
Membership Days
It's bloody horrible. When Mandela was first reported to be seriously ill, the comments were absolutely vile. Like I said, moderation is abysmal, but a few of us 'lefties' keep the balance, although I don't get on there that much nowadays. A couple of seriously sick individuals really push the limits of decent comment (It's fucken freedom of speech innit) and I even had someone almost give away his location because he was desperate for a bit of mano-a-mano with me. Hilarious. THAT'S the level of bigoted fuckwittery we're talking about.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
I went as far as reporting one guy on a board to a terrorist hotline. Vile pro Breivik genocidal posts it was demented and dangerous stuff.

Haven't heard of him since, so I do hope my public spirited grassing at the very least got him an unpleasant 48 hrs spent with Special Branch.
By canus insanus
Membership Days
youngian wrote:I went as far as reporting one guy on a board to a terrorist hotline. Vile pro Breivik genocidal posts it was demented and dangerous stuff.

Haven't heard of him since, so I do hope my public spirited grassing at the very least got him an unpleasant 48 hrs spent with Special Branch.
Good on you. Like I enjoy pointing out to many of these thickos, there's no such thing as anonymity on the net, with IP addresses freely accessible. I have forwarded many a nutter to authorities.
By Big Rob
Unfortunately Youtube made a big deal about supporting the first amendment, which protects racist and hate speech to an extent, so if it bans those who sign up for an account from racist and hate speech, well it is asking for trouble.

I have seen that some pro KKK vids have been banned for whatever reason (I think they may have used copyright infringement as an excuse).

However many of those comments are probably from Yanks waving their dicks around about having first amendment rights at a guess.

Whether Youtube will pull those comments (ABC has apparently pull comments on its site in the past) is down to whether:

1) The rules the set down for people signing up for an account take into account racism.
2) Whether withdrawing a particular, if horrible, point of view, en masse, will draw the attention of those who seek to uphold the first amendment.

Of course if there was a way of tracking these comments to UK commentators and that the posts were made in the UK, then the UK could take action against its own populace, where first amendment rights do not apply.
Boris Johnson

Is he really going to debate Jez twice? He wil[…]

The Tesla decision will be blamed on the Remaoners[…]

Labour, Generally.

(an old Trot trick). Coming in late, or not[…]

Nigel Farage

I'm not feeling the schadenfreude being heaped on […]