For other types of media
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
The deal involves the stake in BskyB but not F*x News.

Still, with Disney now holding the largest stake in BskyB, maybe they could rename Sky News to Disney news. It would certainly be more fitting for Kay Burley to front.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:47 pm
I wasn't aware 21CF owned both Amstrad and Endemol Shine...?
I can't exactly remember when, but BskyB bought Amstrad a few years ago mainly to bring the production of Sky receivers in-house. Before that various different electronics companies manufactured receivers for Sky's digital service.

They certainly didn't buy Amstrad to focus on flogging several warehouses full of unsold em@ilers.

By Boiler
spoonman wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:23 pm
They certainly didn't buy Amstrad to focus on flogging several warehouses full of unsold em@ilers.
That seems to be happening on eBay.

Elsewhere someone said Sky News was also exempt from the Disney deal - is that correct?

By AOB
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
mattomac wrote:I guess this allows Sky more clout in the future PL deal, I know Disney have sniffed around PL football for a while.
Certainly, with Disney's added financial might. And maybe a Mickey Mouse Cup could become a thing of reality, should they wish to foray further into football?!
Kreuzberger liked this

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
AOB wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm
mattomac wrote:I guess this allows Sky more clout in the future PL deal, I know Disney have sniffed around PL football for a while.
Certainly, with Disney's added financial might. And maybe a Mickey Mouse Cup could become a thing of reality, should they wish to foray further into football?!
We already have the Europa league.
AOB liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
I doubt Disney wanted Murdoch's newspapers but he may have wished to have kept them not just for sentimental reasons but ego and power to sustain his influence. Now he has a multi-billion Dollar war chest to keep the Sun, Times and whatever other shit he owns afloat until the end of time.

Or maybe not https://twitter.com/DUPleader/status[…]

The Mail & Climate Change

Yes, it's been doing the rounds. The problem with[…]

Boris Johnson

"Remoaner Leftie Traitors." Don't even […]

Labour, Generally.

So all this talk of greater party democracy was ju[…]