For other types of media
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Yeah.
Man pulls chin back, gets rolls on his neck...

Now find a picture of him looking, you know, grossly overweight.

And possibly, as a mod, stop taking sides. Like several others I'm getting a bit sick of it.
By Carlos The Badger
Membership Days Posts
Grossly overweight? You can accuse him of being many things but 'grossly overweight' is not one of them. He put on a few pounds last year and the shite rags tried to portray him as 'grossly overweight' but even they failed spectacularly.

You must have looked long and hard to find that picture. Two full pages of Google images didn't show it. The only thing that came up was some of him in a 'fat-suit' for that commercial thing. Perhaps that's where you're getting confused?

And maybe sticking to the fact that he talks cobblers instead flinging personal insults would be better.
And it is taking sides when a mod purposely goes out of their way to rubbish another posters comments.
By shyamz
Membership Days Posts
The young will be better at different things. But long hours in hot kitchens is not one of them!
As he is a man who employs quite a few young people, how does he expect they'll react to that comment? If I were a young aspiring chef I wouldn't want to slog my guts out for a boss who thinks so little of me.

Besides most chefs do start pretty young, at the bottom of the heap, washing up and chopping veg then working their way up (not all of them go to a fancy cookery school and are offered a job on the back of that or leave to start their own restaurant). I'm sure many of his cookery heroes started that way.

Just because you set up Fifteen doesn't mean you can come out with any bullshit and expect people to ignore it, Jamie. Nor does the fact that many of those kids are from working class backgrounds make you an expert on how they live their lives or how their parents spend their money. I do enjoy that Charlie Brooker rant about Jamie Oliver, and it does remind you of the overblown the level of mawkish adoration he received at the time. I get the feeling he let that adoration go to his head.

By lord_kobel
Membership Days Posts
Carlos The Badger wrote:You must have looked long and hard to find that picture. Two full pages of Google images didn't show it. The only thing that came up was some of him in a 'fat-suit' for that commercial thing. Perhaps that's where you're getting confused?
Nope. Sixth result on the first page of results for "fat jamie oliver".

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Whereas specifically searching for photographs of him as grossly overweight and then choosing the one that makes him looks the worst was a completely neutral act?

Pull the other one. I know what you're at.
Sundry far-right groups and parties.

According to a book by Stuart Maconie, it was a co[…]

The EDL

Met police pay out £700,000 to detained an[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Or, arguably, with them.

The LibDems, generally

I can't say Jo Swinson's ever floated my boat but […]