•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Sky have, today, gone full second referendum.

This is based on their polling which shows that 78% of people think the government is doing badly on Brexit.
Two-thirds of Britons now think the government will end up with a bad deal when Britain leaves the European Union early next year, and half want the chance to vote on what happens next, Sky News reported on Monday, citing its own poll.

With less than eight months until Britain is due to leave the EU, Prime Minister Theresa May has yet to find a proposal to maintain economic ties with the bloc that pleases both sides of her divided party and is acceptable to negotiators in Brussels.

The Sky poll said 65 percent of British voters thought the government would end up with a bad deal - an increase of 15 points from March - and half support a referendum to choose between leaving with a deal, leaving without a deal or staying in the EU. The poll indicated 40 percent opposed such a vote, while 10 percent did not know.

When asked to choose between three options - May's deal, a no deal or staying in the EU - 48 percent said they would prefer to stay in the EU, 27 percent wanted to leave with no deal and 13 percent would opt for the government's deal.

Sky Data interviewed a nationally representative sample of 1,466 Sky customers online between July 20 and 23. Data are weighted to the profile of the population.

The shift in public opinion comes as May has stepped up planning for a so called "no-deal" Brexit that would see the world's fifth largest economy crash out of the EU on March 29, 2019 without a trade agreement.

A separate poll on Friday suggested that the proportion of voters who favor a referendum on the final terms of any Brexit deal had overtaken those who do not for the first time.
Adam Boulton definitely took a Ref2 line in the Daily Politics show, and gave the little weasel-faced shit-eater from Brexit Central (Hugh Bennett I think) a hard time, challenging his assertions and also making his own, anti-Brexit points.

Is this, Mrs A asks, a tipping point?

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:36 am
No. This is Tipping Point.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (385.14 KiB) Viewed 1999 times

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Watching Sky News makes me even more annoyed at the BBC. Not just the anchors on Sky but their junior presenters are doing their job in challenging Brexit cliches and they don't look like they're breaking a sweat.

Meanwhile on the balanced BBC facts are allegations
Last edited by youngian on Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:36 am
Another forum I frequent for fans of Brighton & Hove Albion has been my bell-weather. At first it was very pro-Brexit (lots of football fans tend to be more right wing in their outlook), but in the last few weeks I've felt the mood start to turn. There's still a few die-hards (most of whom are now resorting to the usual "Fish!", "Will of the people!" type bullshit) but there seems to be an increasingly large swell of anti-Brexit sentiment going on. I wouldn't say it's majority Remain just yet, but it's a lot closer to parity than it was even 6 weeks ago.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:36 am
A bit of 'lateral' - Danny 'f***ing' Dyer has his f***ing say...

Danny Dyer Brexit interview: Why I changed my mind after voting Leave and 'f***ing hate' David Cameron

EXCLUSIVE: "What have we voted for, we still don’t know. It’s a f****** travesty," the EastEnders star told the Sunday Mirror
Danny also hates that “other p**** Nigel Farage
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... n=sharebar

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
I know they're kept on a somewhat looser leash than other parts of the Murdoch Empire, but I do wonder if this increasingly nuanced stance of Sky News for Brexit is Uncle Rupe sticking a tentative toe in the water for an about turn.

There's no doubt he's a canny businessman, and if he senses a change, he'll want to back the popular side. Although quite how The Sun would manage it, I'd be intrigued to see.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

And today, from https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-4695[…]

Richard Littlejohn

Look, those of us who live and work in London ar[…]

Europe? And the Future of Britain in Europe

Very good point re Brexit vox pops. https://twitt[…]

Fawning over the royal family

We know William and Harry are now despised but Phi[…]