For other types of media
:sunglasses: 50 % ❤ 5.6 % :grinning: 38.9 % :cry: 5.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
There used to be a travel program after Saturday Live, hosted by Sandi Toksvig. Each week was about the same - some north London person telling everyone about what an amaaaazing time they'd had on their recent trip to somewhere that wasn't quite as off the beaten track as they thought, followed by Sandi and her guests musing on the availability and necessity of bottled water if visiting Keswick.

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Boiler wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:06 am
Programme, please - program is what you do to a computer :wink:

Are you thinking about Excess Baggage?
Yes! That was it!

Anyway, Saturday Live. Gods, I hated that programme, but I was living for a while with my mother who loved it. There would always be a poet on board who'd do a poem based on the events of the week, and it would always sound exactly the same. Then a bit about something funny in the news spun out to ridiculous lengths - the sort of thing Armando Iannucci and Chris Morris were nailing in On the Hour with It's Your Region back in 1990 or so. I once listened to an interview with someone from the pagan police association, which could have been interesting, but was just Fi Glover asking the poor plod over and over again about naked dancing.

And yeah, the "Thankyou" bit...
The Tories, Generally

Everyone to blame but themselves... https://twitt[…]

Richard Littlejohn

The Mail line is to be against WFH not just becaus[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

Its almost as though they dont know what pragmat[…]

Roll Call

The sting is better (thank you all soooo much for […]