•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
shyamz wrote:Apparently it is even wose in Canada. Perhaps they're worried they'll have to take him back.
I already have several Canadian friends of mine warning the US that if Bieber gets returned to Canada, they'll also be demanding Nathan Fillion back as compensation.
By Andy McDandy
I think Red's referring to Stanhope's piece on Weekly Wipe, where he bemoaned the rather poor levels of 'hellraising' Bieber had gotten up to, such as pissing in a bucket. And how this counted for being the wild man of rock and roll these days. What would Led Zeppelin make of it all, he wondered.

He also pointed out that we may be approaching a point where when we say 'kids, eh?', unlike previous generations where we were appalled by the latest excesses of the youth, we nowadays say it in exasperation at their conformity and squareness.

That last point has been made by other comedians, notably Mark Steel, who recalled dancing round the house singing along to Rage Against the Machine, only to be told to turn it down by his teenage son, because he couldn't hear himself think.

By Daley Mayle
The pop combo The Who once opined that they'd rather die before they get old. Only one managed it and the rest let us all down. Daltry is a Radio 2 DJ and trout farm owner and Townsend an Internet researcher. Entwhistle did have a rock and roll death that included cocaine and a hooker but he was 58 FF'sS!

By D.C. Harrison
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:That last point has been made by other comedians, notably Mark Steel, who recalled dancing round the house singing along to Rage Against the Machine, only to be told to turn it down by his teenage son, because he couldn't hear himself think.
I remember Henry Rollins also saying something about the generation that would be more hardcore than both their parents and children.

"What you listening to, son? Techo? You pussy!"

Mind you, I'm old enough that a year ago or so, I initially knew Justin Bieber was a celeb, but needed to be told he was a pop singer. I still don't think I've heard any of his songs, nor would I recognise him from a pic unless it was captioned. I mean, I've seen pictures of him, but within minutes I've erased it from my mind.

True enough that pop stars/youngsters doing all this stuff is so "normal" now, I'm more surprised when I find out someone is straight edge or whatever.
Last edited by D.C. Harrison on Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

In a way, that Fuze tea cover is probably a bit li[…]

Endangering Democracy

No offences took place with three of the five all[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

And some of the unicorns have red rosettes.

Mrs A reckons that Mann is the Labour equivalent[…]