•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
This story has made my day
Jeremy Kyle attacked with pepper-spray by Magaluf nightclub bouncer 'because he thought TV presenter was making the resort look bad'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z37c8MWGi0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And it looks like the Jeremy Kyle Show isn't Gogglebox's Scarlett Moffat's favourite viewing
It was clear to all that Jeremiah wasn’t making a show to promote Maga and wanted to dish the dirt in the name of shock entertainment where his viewers can judge what they don't understand.

While he may've thought clubbers too wasted to recognise how out of place he looked, he didn't account for the workers unprepared for their beloved party island to face another slagging.

At the end of the day, people go to Magaluf to have a good time and Jez-head mooching around isn't exactly good for business. He was as unwelcome as a fart in a lift.
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/3888 ... Cunningham" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
A friend of mine knows Matthew Wright and was telling him the Jungle thing was a bit of a doddle. This was due to discovering that Steve Davies was also a big fan of leftfield space and prog rock. When the final cut emerged ITV decided that to old geysers banging on about Gong and Hawkwind all day wasn't in the spirit of the programme and managed to edit everything out.
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
Sure I read a while ago that Matthew Wright was ex-SWP. But I see Kyle's been doing the rounds on the 'Sunemployment Roadshow' recently. Not sure whether Pauline from the League of Gentlemen put in an appearance as well but it's the sort of thing you'd expect her to turn up at.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Jeremy-K ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
This was standard stuff before the celebrity expose took over in the 90s. Now they fight for their privacy they're going to go back to picking on Joe Public; pissed slags gagging for it on holiday, pervert teachers at wife swapping parties, football and cricket hooligans etc. And of course for the Mail, provincial piss heads having a punch-up and falling over due to Tony Blair's 24 hr drinking culture.
Last edited by youngian on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I have noticed a lot of victim blaming, like they should know better and chose to go on and so on.

However we know TV is built for entertainment and one would assume the guests would get some support or duty of care afterwards and you only knew they wouldn't if you had been involved or been on the show.

ITV milked this and it's 1m viewing audience, so the question shouldn't just be focused on the show itself but those that profited on peoples misery and one of them is ITV.

They pretend to be this broadcaster of Britain but they make the same shite TV and their news and current affairs is sold as opinionated and confrontational but its also factually incorrect and incredibly bias. I doubt they will but maybe the Government should look at this more closely.

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
It's celebrity culture taken to its extreme. Have a media pumping out reality TV shite 24 hours a day then give those who aren't all that bright or capable of seeing the wider picture the opportunity to have their fifteen minutes. Find someone who can be portrayed as a clear black and white bad guy, someone who's inarticulate, easily provoked and has a soft spot that can be exposed. Wind them up, bully them and let them kick off.

if you ever look at the Kyle show, with every passing year it got more confrontational - more guests taking sides, more audience participation, more off-stage arguing, more physical ejection of guests, more winding up the audience, more Kyle bullying some of life's unfortunates. The only surprise is that nobody had died before.
Abernathy, AOB, Oblomov liked this

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
This all has a pungent whiff of the last days of Rome about it. The violent spectacles, the corruption, the moral and social bankruptcy, the return to the good old days that the dark ages represented. Of course, history will probably not repeat itself verbatim. There'll be no oiled-up Russell Crowe,(*) for starters.

* That comma is entirely optional.
Labour, Generally.

Personal right to anonymity? I think the lion's […]

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/68b73f33935eed6d85[…]

Toby Young

It's a fair summary of his entire life and career.[…]

Back in 1991, various people said that the sures[…]