For other types of media
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Am I the only person around to find the growing "all politicians are paedos" meme to be a bit worrying? They're all at it, from CyberNats to Britain First to your ordinary Joe on Twitter. With the cabinet full of nobodies and the Labour leadership contest full of emptiness, the last thing we need is for able and clever people to twig that by going into politics they're opening themselves up to these kinds of assumptions about their motives.

It's also all a bit too David Ike for my liking.
Your not alone in thinking that. I remember reading in Chris Mullin's diaries about when he was campaigning against freemasonry in the police force how he had opened up the floodgates to all sorts of conspiracy theorists.
Killer Whale wrote:Am I the only person around to find the growing "all politicians are paedos" meme to be a bit worrying? They're all at it, from CyberNats to Britain First to your ordinary Joe on Twitter. With the cabinet full of nobodies and the Labour leadership contest full of emptiness, the last thing we need is for able and clever people to twig that by going into politics they're opening themselves up to these kinds of assumptions about their motives.

It's also all a bit too David Ike for my liking.
Funnily enough, I gently disagreed with a "Tory paedos" type comment on the Guardian today - reminding someone of the latest in Janner.
Killer Whale wrote:Am I the only person around to find the growing "all politicians are paedos" meme to be a bit worrying?
It is, but I guess matters weren't helped by the stalling of that inquiry into the missing file on the matter. That provided enough ammo to keep the conspiracy mob happy for a long time.
The entire 'establishment are all at it' meme only serves to convince people that politics is some strange and arcane business that's not for us normals. In turn encouraging people not to vote ("They're all the same, what difference does it make?") and weakening democracy.
Politicians involved in sinister goings-on and having their fingers in the till is all part of the anti-politics narrative beloved of naive people pretending to be street wise. But they aren't prepared to put their head above the parapet to engage in debate; "they're all the same, in it for themselves" "I never vote, they don't anything for me" blah blah. They are highly sanctimonious people as well despite little evidence they've devoted any of their time to any public service or given serious thought to the compromises of power.

The anti-politics brigade are also receptive to the father of the nation on the white horse who is above the corruption of the political elite and is here to put the country and people first.

Jesus I tried to have a civilised debate on the Guardian arguing that husbands and wives make good teams in an intense professional like politics and other halves are not always on the payroll as an expenses scam. This view was almost treated with outrage.
Last edited by youngian on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy Corbyn.

Yes, because the demographics of the local CLP mat[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

BREXIT BOMBSHELL: Terrified EU to be forced in[…]

The Sun

"It's terrible seeing foreign rich people try[…]

Nigel Farage

Farage can't drive in case his wheel nuts are tamp[…]