•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Lincolnshire mourns
David Bowie dead: Lincolnshire fans left devastated as musician dies from cancer aged 69 http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/David ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'David Bowie played one of my records a lot' A singer-songwriter who lives in Lincolnshire and played at the same concert as David Bowie in 2006 has played tribute to the musician. http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/David ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Otherwise known as Robert Wyatt.
Herrick Watson CD, DVD and vinyl shop in Skegness High Street, is expecting fans to rush in to buy copies of Bowies final album.

Sales assistant Daniel Wright said: "We have been playing his music in the shop all morning.

"I am a fan of his older stuff, when he was big in the 80s."

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
As the BBC gave over nearly all of its news output to his death they speed dialled music pundits for their response. One opined that during the 20th century there were just three Musical Greats: Sinatra, Presley, Bowie. Another insisted that Bowie's music stacks up with Beethoven's and will still be played and part of musical culture two hundred years hence. Makes you wonder which Bowie track big businesses will choose in 2216 for when their customers are put on hold to replace Fur Elise?

By bluebellnutter
Daley Mayle wrote:One opined that during the 20th century there were just three Musical Greats: Sinatra, Presley, Bowie.
Paul McCartney? John Lennon? Elton John? Dean Martin? Madonna?
By Andy McDandy
I'm reminded of a Viz letter, talking about how moving it is whenever a film star dies as all their best films will be shown in tribute. It ends "I hope Clint Eastwood dies soon; he's brilliant".

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Went to the Hansa Ton Studio this evening for the open day that they spontaneously decided to organise.

Quite lovely, really. One of the engineers on Low, now also knocking on a bit, played Warschawa on the cello.

I also did a to-camera interview for DPA and was busted by 'erself coming back from a slash. She said I can't be left alone for five minutes. They said they liked my hat.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Yes saw some pics on FB it looked very moving and appropriate.

Littlejohn decided to maintain radio silence on Bowie today but still managed to stick a dig in his latest transphobic rant
Given that fewer than 700 people applied for sex-change operations last year, you can’t possibly summon up 650,000 — even if you include Dame Edna Everage, Ziggy Stardust and any young man who once resorted to the dressing-up box out of curiosity.
Jeremy Corbyn.

Progress: after Corbyn's speech this morning, it[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

BREXIT BOMBSHELL: Terrified EU to be forced in[…]

The Sun

"It's terrible seeing foreign rich people try[…]

Nigel Farage

Farage can't drive in case his wheel nuts are tamp[…]