•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
We have discussed the 'Dilly Dildo' ad, but it's far from alone.
I can cite a couple more that are equally asinine and insulting to the intelligence of even a Brexiteer (to whom they seem to be aimed).

Mecca Bingo - specifically the 'Hey Meccarena' atrocity. So downmarket it's looking up at the bottom of the barrel. Embarrassingly bad. But then all the bingo ads are. Not a sophisticated demographic being addressed there.

Tui - those little singing and dancing crabs... Makes me want to shout at a vicar.

Wowcha! - pick any one, they are all dreadful. And part-owned by the Mail.

James Corden in the car insurance ads. What a lack of talent he displays.

Postcode Lottery. Oh sweet suffering Jeebus.

Sofology. Blond twat riffing on Shakespeare with all the wit of a case of pressure sores.

But I'm sure you have your own faves.
youngian liked this
Historically, the daddy of them all was Howard doing his karaoke thing for Halifax and Carol Vorderman persuading the hard of thinking to put their house on the line so they could pay off their store cards was particularly unpleasant.
Cyclist liked this
Well, we've mentioned the Dilly Dilly ad and the annoying building society singers. And as Malc says there are more.

However, I do like the short masterpiece with the guy being grilled by his insurance broker about whether his front door has a BS57491 lock fitted, and gibbering manicly that he doesn't know - nobody knows !
The Corden car insurance ads resulted in Confused.com blocking me on Twitter.

Apparently, the answer to "Who would you like to see accompany James in our next advert?" is not "A fucking big fire".
Watchman, Cyclist, Kreuzberger and 3 others liked this
A building society ad in which they doll out money to Top Cat a nefarious character known to the police who has no credit rating and lives in a dustbin. And you wonder why there was a banking crisis.

I'm also sad that Warburtons who make bread out of chewing gum can afford Sly Stallone. I also wished a movie actor of Harvey Keitel's stature didn't look after his money better so he didn't have to make car insurance ads.
mattomac, Abernathy liked this
Chris Kamara's Ladbrokes advert. We get it, your entire media career is based on the word "unbelievable", now just fuck off.
Arnold wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:04 pm
Dollar Shaving Club, where a customer gets hit in the goolies by a large boxing glove. I'd rather grow a beard.
That's one strange, unpleasant ad. Speaking of unpleasant ads, I remember an MFI one several years ago with couples having screaming arguments in what, when the camera panned out, proved to be a showroom within their store. On first viewing, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was an ad about domestic violence. Fucking awful it was- how was that meant to entice people to buy furniture or new bathrooms?! It mustn't have anyway, as they went bust not long after I recall.
Littlejohn's brain wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:25 pm
Idris's Elba's Sky Q Adverts.
Okay, there. Now, just a small thing. It would be nice to hear why you think this. It's kinda... normal, you know?
I think Idris Elba is a très sympa actor. I quite liked his new sitcom last night, but felt it might pall. Intelligent stuff, though, and not scared of ishoos. The Sky ads are fine, I think. Better than Branson.
Abernathy wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:39 pm
Littlejohn's brain wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:25 pm
Idris's Elba's Sky Q Adverts.
Okay, there. Now, just a small thing. It would be nice to hear why you think this. It's kinda... normal, you know?
Mainly because, they keep popping up when I'm watching Dailymotion.
Richard Littlejohn

The deeply embarrassed, homo-erotically fixated, d[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Mr. Fenton covers both the ambulance story and […]

Toby Young

Translation: I bullied my kids. Must admit I […]

Biased BBC

Who do these uppity foreigners think they’re[…]