•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Have you seen theold-age insurance ad, set in Yorkshire (natch) where the old woman comes in and, displaying no acting skills whatsoever, tells her neighbour all about it in the least natural conversation ever. Her performance would suit a Year 1 nativity play. Anyway, it used to be that she referenced 'Parky' as having advertised same insurance in the past. Now she doesn't mention him.

Could it be that his contract is up? Or else the advertisers realised that, outside of Yorkshire, the 'plain-talking Yorkshireman' goes down like a cup of cold sick?
Or that "plain talking yorkshireman" is about as convincing as a Welsh person prefacing a sentence with "I'll be honest with you".
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:56 am
Have you seen theold-age insurance ad, set in Yorkshire (natch) where the old woman comes in and, displaying no acting skills whatsoever, tells her neighbour all about it in the least natural conversation ever. Her performance would suit a Year 1 nativity play. Anyway, it used to be that she referenced 'Parky' as having advertised same insurance in the past. Now she doesn't mention him.

Could it be that his contract is up? Or else the advertisers realised that, outside of Yorkshire, the 'plain-talking Yorkshireman' goes down like a cup of cold sick?
SunLife one, that is. At the start of the ad when his daughter brings the neighbour into the conservatory he's holding a pair of binoculars, looking a touch guilty. Peeping Tom, I reckon, but tells his daughter he's a twitcher. :wink:
At it like knives, I tells ya. "Just taking these parsnips next door" my arse. The only parsnip she's interested in is...well, she's in for a shock when she finds out about his bit on the side down the garden centre.

And how strange that everybody in the Royal London ads is wearing purple that just coincidentally you understand, matches the bottom screen logo runner. It's as if they're not actual random people at all.
I'm not sure if it's on any more, but one that used to.gef my goat was Ian Botham advertising "Revitive", a sort of disc thing with flashing lights that looked like the sort of tat Desmond used to give away in the Express.

Anyway, the ad ended with Beefy ushering his "friends" into the woods, ostensibly to go for a walk on their newly rejuvenated legs, but giving off a serious shallow grave vibe.
Actually...

I've got one of those, recommended by my diabetic consultant. It works pretty well.

But yeah, Botham.
[/quote]
SunLife one, that is. At the start of the ad when his daughter brings the neighbour into the conservatory he's holding a pair of binoculars, looking a touch guilty. Peeping Tom, I reckon, but tells his daughter he's a twitcher. :wink:
[/quote]

Sounds like a typical Mail reader, spying on the neighborhood, ready to shop anyone to the council, or beyond, especially them with the "funny" name and habits, at No.20
Anything with the fucking Admiral in it.

Would you buy a product (service?) from a company with one competent manager trying to herd a troop of buffoons?
It's like the evil overlord form a kid's cartoon show.
AOB liked this
The Red Arrow wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:00 am
You have to wonder at the targeted demographic for that one.
Ageing Red Dwarf fans who now drive Ford Mondeos.
I utterly despise all the online Bingo ads, but the Sun bingo most of all; to be fair I am very anti-gambling, seeing it as a class issue , where the working class are parted from their hard earned by middle class bookmaking companies - Tories to a man. The ads try to put forward some idea of a community of happy young women chucking away their cash in an orgasmic frenzy of sisterhood. With vile working-class stereotypes thrown in.

Someone is having a laugh at the poor saps who fall for this. Or are pressured into it.

First up against the wall when I'm world king.
AOB liked this
MMR Jab

Long after it was debunked they liked to ride two […]

Jeremy Corbyn.

He's absolutely running down the clock, because […]

The Sun

Song of the Yellowhammer "A little bit of br[…]

Dominic Lawson

He's right about it being stupidly hot in the Med […]