For other types of media
:sunglasses: 42.3 % ❤ 3.8 % :thumbsup: 11.5 % 😯 1.9 % :grinning: 36.5 % 🧥 1.9 % 😟 1.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
I was in M&S getting something for my tea tonight and I notice there's a selection of halal-accredited ready meals now. The usual suspects have been rather quiet about that?
Cant think why.

M&S is to become first food giant to sell own-label halal ready meals at stores that attract high number of Muslim shoppers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... meals.html
No comments have so far been submitted. Why not be the first to send us your thoughts, or debate this issue live on our message boards.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.
That brown pound does sure get around.

And that's it, really. It's not about subverting the nation from within, or undermining the Christian tradition. It's about money. Market forces. People gonna eat, so sell them food.

If it's been a bit quiet on the Muslim front this year, I suspect that it's because:

1. In a lot of cases, it's more about being angry at something, and Brexit has pipped it to the post.

2. As the pro-Brexit core shrunk back to ageing football hooligans and the perpetually bewildered, the orchestrators were keen to rebuild support and a key plank of that was to insist that Brexit is not racist. No sirree! Hence the word went out, go easy on the usual targets.
I've had a thought (second of the year I think!). Why don't Amazon offer a free Echo to every person registered blind. Their latest ad uses a visually impaired woman. They'll claim they want to show the benefits it can bring to blind people, although cynically I think they are trying to stem criticism from their previous, laughably pretentious, Alexa ads (ie anyone who criticises an ad with a blind person in is a monster). So instead of trying to make out he's a good guy, Jeff could actually be one and stop tax dodging and give free Echos out. There'd be a lot of moaning from the usual crowd on Twitter etc but anyone who begrudges a free Echo to a visually impaired person is morally impaired, so fuck 'em.
mattomac, youngian liked this
I don't know if the scheme still exists, but I have a radio in my collection provided by the Wireless For The Blind fund.

Agreed - providing an Echo would be philanthropic; but you'd need an Internet connection first.
Can't find the original link, but...

I have held forth on the entire shittness of Peloton as a product and a service before, but this is fucking insufferable.

Plus, if I got my wife exercise equipment for Christmas, without being specifically asked for it, my carcass would hit the bin before the turkey's.
MisterMuncher wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:25 pm
Can't find the original link, but...

I have held forth on the entire shittness of Peloton as a product and a service before, but this is fucking insufferable.

Plus, if I got my wife exercise equipment for Christmas, without being specifically asked for it, my carcass would hit the bin before the turkey's.
You're not alone.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/ ... mas-advert
Indeed. What's she going to, pedal a half mm off her chubby earlobes?

Not to put to fine a point on it, but it's possibly deliberate, as they appear to be trying to make their user-base a bit of a cult, like CrossFit or something equally hateful. They're selling a lifestyle and an image more than anything.
Isn't that what most advertising is about, lifestyle and image?

Who can forget the car advert which told us nothing except it comes in umpteen different colours and you can play the piano on the roof?

My reference might be a bit dated now but I don't have a television and, thankfully, don't see tv very often.
As a winterval antidote, here's a self made ad for Hafod Hardware in Rhayader, Powys.

John Lewis vibes all for a production cost of £100.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1201386765291941888
Boiler, Zuriblue liked this
MisterMuncher wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:43 pm
Indeed. What's she going to, pedal a half mm off her chubby earlobes?

Not to put to fine a point on it, but it's possibly deliberate, as they appear to be trying to make their user-base a bit of a cult, like CrossFit or something equally hateful. They're selling a lifestyle and an image more than anything.
Most modern day advertising tends to sell their product(s) with at least one of two things in mind...

1. The model(s) in the advert will be gagging to fuck you if you buy the advertised product.

2. If you buy the advertised product, loads of beautiful women or handsome men will want to fuck you after seeing that you own the said product.
The Trump Presidency

Jesus wept. Edit: At Wotsit Hitler, not Cycli[…]

Dominic Cummings

Probably from sticking it up the Jockey Club's ars[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Bishops speak out against Cummings, it's Judeo-C[…]

Richard Littlejohn

I look forward to the M*il's Johnny-on-the-spot co[…]