For other types of media
:sunglasses: 42.6 % ❤ 3.7 % :thumbsup: 11.1 % 😯 1.9 % :grinning: 37 % 🧥 1.9 % 😟 1.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
I have to admit I do like the Aldi ad that's shown in Swissyland

AOB liked this
Is it ok to post about radio ads in this thread?
There is a series of Amazon Echo adverts on radio with somebody singing the start of a song a capella before asking Alexa to play the rest of it. Fair enough when the song is a classic or the singer is someone whose voice is strong enough to stand up on its own, but when it's the bloke from Imagine Dragons with (IMHO) a really annoying delivery...
"You've got to be. So! Cold! Yeah you're a NAT. UR. AL!"
"The Postcode Lottery is a great way of giving back to charities." etc etc

Yes that's why you play it, to give to charity, and not to win money for yourself. So much easier to go into a newsagent and give a quid for a Postcode Lottery ticket, of which about 5p will actually end up with charity rather than go into a charity shop and put the quid in the collection container so they get the whole lot.
Boiler, randomelement, oboogie and 1 others liked this
Aaarrrgh! Yes, I heard that myself for the first time yesterday whilst waiting for luncheon to be served - the telly is seldom off in my sister's house (it's seldom on here) and I rarely watch ITV.
If we are going to include radio ads, then the current one from The Telegraph concerning Brexit is definitely getting on my tits - "insightful analysis"? Yeah about 15 years ago, maybe even 10. Nowadays? Nah.
mattomac liked this
I've watched a lot of the farcical BDO darts championship over the last week, proper car crash TV. It appears that Eurosport only has three advertisers, Jakeman's, the "kinda hot zombie" chewing gum ad and the Barclaycard repayment calculator.

The state of Simon Cowell...
SoulBoy wrote:I've watched a lot of the farcical BDO darts championship over the last week, proper car crash TV. It appears that Eurosport only has three advertisers, Jakeman's, the "kinda hot zombie" chewing gum ad and the Barclaycard repayment calculator.

The state of Simon Cowell...
Frank Skinner said: "A man of his money you'd think could get the best plastic surgeon in the world."

I think it's the fact he's had way too much, personally. He was okay when he first started getting it. I remember thinking he must have a good surgeon compared to a lot of them. He's overdone it and looks as daft as the ones who look daft because they had too much.
AOB wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:10 pm
The Go Compare series of ads have been arguably the most tiresome this century. He doesn't sing in the most recent one but he's driving a car that upends after crashing into an upended tree. I think you're meant to find it funny. It's tedious.
A confession. I just had a chuckle at the other one, where Gio Compario takes avoiding action because of a deer unexpectedly in the road and ends up trashing his Saab. I actually thought it was quite funny.
Subway currently have a TV ad in which they advertise a vegan version of their frankly disgusting meatball sandwich. What is it with everything being feckin' vegan all of a sudden?

Anyhoo, the schtick is that they serve up the new meat-free meatball sandwich to a keen bunch of vegans eager to taste it, but bugger me, it tastes so nice that the vegans throw a wobbler because they think that there has been a terrible error and they've been given the meaty meatball sandwiches instead. Eventually the Subway flunkey double-checks and confirms that no mistake has been made, and that the vegan meatball sandwich really is just as shite as the meaty meatball sandwich.

I'll just have a cheesey bap, please.
Projective Unity liked this
They were dishing out free samples of vegan meatball stuff outside Subway in Stockport last weekend so I tried a bit and it wasn't bad. Still not making me want to become vegetarian or whatever though.
Boris Johnson

One rule for us... It's like Russian dolls full […]

Wait...but...what? You mean...they...they...were..[…]

Labour MPs I'd like to hit with a haddock

I'll cut them some slack in that it may have been […]

Roll Call

Morning Munch, morning everybody. Up at 6 this mo[…]