For other types of media
:sunglasses: 51.4 % ❤ 4.2 % :thumbsup: 9.7 % 😯 1.4 % :grinning: 30.6 % 🧥 1.4 % 😟 1.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
What gets to me more is the poems that imply or outright state that if you aren't living independently, and/or in a position to apply for a loan or a mortgage by your early twenties, you've somehow failed. In this economy.
spoonman liked this
Samanfur wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 10:15 pm
What gets to me more is the poems that imply or outright state that if you aren't living independently, and/or in a position to apply for a loan or a mortgage by your early twenties, you've somehow failed. In this economy.
Yes they can fuck off for those as well
Funny the way these banks, like Nationwide with their poetry ads, like to make out they are of the people and for the people, and not trying to make money out of customers when figuratively speaking they are holding each and every one of us upside down and rattling us until every last penny drops out of our pockets.
AOB wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 6:33 am
Funny the way these banks, like Nationwide <snip> - - 8<--
Point of order: Nationwide is a mutual/building society and a co-operative, not a bank. They managed to fend off the carpetbaggers in the 90's.

I have no experience of Nationwide, other than knowing my brother has an account with them.
Boiler liked this
It's not just banks though; it's become the de facto home page for every commercial website you deal with. Electronic component suppliers, supermarkets, even car dealers.
spoonman wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 7:31 am
AOB wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 6:33 am
Funny the way these banks, like Nationwide <snip> - - 8<--
Point of order: Nationwide is a mutual/building society and a co-operative, not a bank. They managed to fend off the carpetbaggers in the 90's.

I have no experience of Nationwide, other than knowing my brother has an account with them.
I worked on Nationwide Anglia, back in the day, launching products which were a result of the Bing Bang and mad, radical shit like women being able get mortgages without a chaperone.

I would describe the culture as being one marbled with responsible, clever, contemporary administrators. They are the client which bought "Compooter sez no". Thirty years later, it is still a by-word for everything that Nationwide was not.
I’ve had it with all these irritating coronavirus TV adverts and their over-sentimental lockdown messages
Then there’s the Virgin Media ad: “Stay home, stay safe, stay connected”. I’ll spare you the details on that one. As if communicating mostly on video call, a crushingly lonely experience if you do happen to be on your own at this time, is a positive thing, the idea that we’re all in this together is shoved down your throat with just as much fervour.
mattomac liked this
Have Oral B only ever made those two ads that have been on constantly for years? That girl who doesn't know how to keep her "mouth healthy" must have grey hair and false teeth by now.

And shouldn't you do the opposite of what your dentist advises as surely it's in their financial interest to have an abundance of patients wracked with toothache.
Boris Johnson

Manchester is a city, Every city apart from Stoke […]

US election 2020

Gave him a wee tug. We'll soon find out. Kreu[…]

Shaun Bailey

Jeez, look at this from Grant Shapps. I have a fun[…]

Poppy Day bingo

Et tu, Keeves? https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/[…]