For other types of media
:sunglasses: 50 % ❤ 50 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Apologies if he has his own topic already, but he's becoming my least-favourite radio presenter. Yesterday he hosted a discussion on right-wing BAME in which he talked about 'the left' as one entity, said it couldn't be discriminated against or victimised as it was part of the Establishment (Jo Cox at al) and allowed a caller to call people he disagreed with "mental" on two occasions.

By Abernathy
Definitely agree . He is awful - only surpassed as my least favourite LBC presenter by Farage (instant re-tune when he comes on).

I do realise that O'Brien is the gold standard, but you just need to compare Nawaz to O'Brien to reveal Nawaz's many shortcomings. He *thinks* he is intelligent - but he is actually thick as mince. You can hear him constantly groping for the right words all the time - and usually failing miserably to find them. With O'Brien, it's effortless.

And he's snippy and aggressive. Like Jeremy Corbyn on steroids.

Horrible man. Can't stand him.

By Tubby Isaacs
davidjay wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:17 pm
Apologies if he has his own topic already, but he's becoming my least-favourite radio presenter. Yesterday he hosted a discussion on right-wing BAME in which he talked about 'the left' as one entity, said it couldn't be discriminated against or victimised as it was part of the Establishment (Jo Cox at al) and allowed a caller to call people he disagreed with "mental" on two occasions.
The left wing establishment must be the most useless establishment ever, given the state of our politics.

By davidjay
On the subject of Adele this morning he twice said "the tide is finally turning" with regards to charges of racism. That's not turning against racism, but against being called racist. Think of the timescale with that one.

Then he talked for fifteen minutes where he basically blamed 'the left' for him being assaulted and for the increase in racial tension.

By Kreuzberger
Like a six year old reading My First Encyclopedia aloud, Nawaz shares nuggets of the most superficial information as if he, himself, has split the atom. I endured ten minutes of him this morning going full Dunning-Kruger on corporation tax comparisons across Europe. Never again.

The guy's an imbecile.
Abernathy, Oblomov liked this

By Abernathy
He's covering James O'Brien's fortnight of annual leave, and it's instructive to compare Nawaz's performance with O'Brien's.

There is literally no comparison. With O'Brien you can often hear his mind working like a well-oiled machine. With Nawaz you can hear the same, but it's more like a shonky mis-firing combine harvester.

He really is a man who thinks he's the dog's bollocks, but is actually as thick as hippo shite.

By davidjay
Commenting on reports that MI5 were looking at investigating potential left-wing terrorism, he could barely hide his excitement and basically said both they and the fash are as bad as each other. With ten minutes left he spent six of them grilling a Corbynite about Grandpa's support for Hamas. There can be no more useful idiot on British radio.
Abernathy, oboogie liked this
Rishi Sunak

I bet he wasn't expecting this: Chancellor Rishi[…]

US election 2020

"Establish permanent manned presence on th[…]

Daily Telegraph

More comedy gold from Charles Moore at the Telegra[…]

The Tories, Generally

Another one. Gary Sambrook. He needs a proof reade[…]