•  
  •  
  •  

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Listening to him again this afternoon:

Caller talking some nonsense about an European army - uninterrupted
Former Brexit Party MEP - uninterrupted
Caller talking about the British fishing quotas that were sold - shouted down, told that was under the EU so we can take them back, didn't know about the sale or the current foreign ownership.

Then a rant about how we need increased defence spending, the navy to protect our food supplies, "Britannia needs to rule the waves" (he actually said that).

I should give this up for the sake of my health.

By davidjay
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:48 pm
davidjay wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:35 pm

I should give this up for the sake of my health.
I appreciate you listening so I don't have to, but your health is more important.
It shows the paucity of Saturday afternoon radio if you're not bothered about sports news. Four Extra is usually devoted to a dozen episodes of some drama series and the rest are the usual generic driving anthems/power ballads/chart crap made worse because Saturday is when the grown-up presenters have the day off.

By Tubby Isaacs
I think Twitter's actually good in a funny sort of way (not that I have an account any more because it's too addictive). Part of me thinks I should know what this sort are saying. I just google a few sensible people, and they'll be tweeting about it. I think "Jesus!" and then think about something else.

I'd be better off going the whole hog like The Arrow and ignoring them altogether, but I can't quite manage that yet.

By Boiler
The Red Arrow wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:36 pm
I'm with Tubbs on this. I think I've mentioned that I've changed my routines to avoid a lot of depressing and dishonest sites and I feel better for it. I'm still angry, but not psychotic. :wink:
I think I need a period of withdrawal too. If only I could shut the voices of health anxiety in my head up too.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

She needs codling.

If people can't get around the paywall I'll sti[…]

Peter Hitchens

Hitchens has entered pointless tit phase. Christ[…]

"Boris" Johnson

How odd that Johnson says it's a matter for Bi[…]