•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Yeah, the "I don't wear a raincoat in the bath" types.

I think Neil Gaiman mentioned in a couple of his short stories that STD clinics often had macho types proudly wearing their latest dose of the clap as a badge of virile honour.

By MisterMuncher
Iirc, it wasn't even that he was contending AIDS wasn't going to be a big deal in the straight community, but that it couldn't infect them at all.

I mean I know the fundamentals of science aren't quite so valued as I'd like in this world, and doubly so in the press, but how in the name of all that's holy do you reach an idea like that?

By Kreuzberger
Poor Brillo, such is the fate of fat, white, older men who believe themselves to be at the top of the pile. Laziness sets in. I have worked with/for a fair few of them and, whilst the money is the best bit, the greatest fun is to be had watching their reaction to focus groups. And the survey said, "Meh".

It might well be that FashFM is their counter-weight to the overwhelming indifference that greets so much of their output. You can feel their pleading, you can sense how they strain with every sinew, and that is where we find ourselves with a major problem.

This is, in the making, a self-perpetuating cauldron of bedroom extremism which is swaggering around in plain view. Thomas. Mair.

By Bones McCoy
I'm fairly relaxed about this provided it gets to sit along and mutter angrily about "kids today".
It may even serve to concentrate all the wankers in one puddle; making it easier to rubbish them and point out their obvious common cause.

My concern is that the BBC will feel the need to feature these 'personalities' on its discussion shows in some ill conceived attempt at balance.
Does the BBC imagine that Fox-UK would ever extend the invitation in the opposite direction?

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Bones McCoy wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:29 pm
I'm fairly relaxed about this provided it gets to sit along and mutter angrily about "kids today".
It may even serve to concentrate all the wankers in one puddle; making it easier to rubbish them and point out their obvious common cause.

The English Bill O'Reilly will be Nick Ferrari railing against PC gawn mad and council red tape. Noel gave that one a run and was a rare misfire for the TV format pioneer

By Killer Whale
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:23 pm
He could say "that's what I understand by it", but no.

I reckon I've heard it used lots of times against people who are simply arguing for something (progressive). And I've never heard it used of righwingers trying to close people down.

Trying to get my head round this. Is he trying to cancel 'woke' because cancel culture. I mean... what?

By Oblomov
Cancel culture he writes from his social media account with thousands of followers, his editorship of a magazine with national circulation and a soon to be launched TV channel :roll:
Marina Hyde - woman of fire

But then, he’s very clubbable. Not like a s[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

If in doubt, refer to Rule 35.

Roll Call

For what it's worth, my dad was a few weeks shy of[…]

The Biden Presidency.

Well, at the moment they're busy moaning that they[…]