•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The bewilderingly popular annual BBC autumnal ritual is making headlines because one of this year's participants, the boxer Nicola Adams, who is gay, is to compete with a dance partner of the same sex.

https://news.sky.com/story/strictly-com ... e-12061516

Haven't seen any coverage of the story in the Mail yet, but I dare say there will be some tomorrow. The BTL comments should be entertaining. If you thought that having a woman Dr. Who got them frothing at the gash, this is off the scale.

A lesbian on Strictly? A BLACK lesbian? With a woman dance partner? On a FAMILY show????!!!!!!!!!!!

And they're not singing Rule Brittania?

Scrap the licence fee now.

It's interesting in that it confirms that dancing is actually all about sex - or as someone put it, "the vertical expression of horizontal desire". And on a family show. I thought it was all innocent stuff, notwithstanding the dads nipping off to the bog for some manual relief.

By Bones McCoy
This may be a hard one to call.

The Mailites are generally against the gayz, but a lot more tolerant to the gay ladies.
Apparently they don't ram it down your throat, nothing whatsoever to do with a pervy threesome fantasy - oh no.

There's also the consideration that (Like A levels) the Mailites might have offspring who are afflicted with the gayness.
While not the sort of thing you'd discuss down the golf-club, or while on a stint of statue guarding, it's a factor that helps a lot of them overcome their programming.

We're also fortunate in lacking an evangelical movement on the scale of the USA.
That seems to be the source of much of the hatred, through the Methodists and Liberal Jews deserve a nod for their more progressive policies.

Ms Adams, despite wining a gold medal for her country has one additiopnal handicap.
I wonder whether perceptive mailwatchers can guess what might alienate the mailites.

By bluebellnutter
I have no idea who the likely pairings are but I can imagine the outrage might be turned up a little were she paired with Oti Mabuse (the black South African professional). And if they win the whole thing that could be serious, serious meltdown territory.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Depends on how far in the contest the pairing goes too. If she's booted out early on, might pass off without too much comment. Sports people, though, tend to do reasonably well so she may go a fair distance.

By Bones McCoy
mr angry manchester wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:39 pm
Depends on how far in the contest the pairing goes too. If she's booted out early on, might pass off without too much comment. Sports people, though, tend to do reasonably well so she may go a fair distance.
Especially those sports that require you to be light on your feet: cricketers, gymnasts, boxers...

By Boiler
Comment below the announcement of Jacqui Smith as the final contestant.
Screenshot_2020-09-04 Rt Hon Jacqui Smith is our twelfth and final celebrity for Strictly 2020 .png
Screenshot_2020-09-04 Rt Hon Jacqui Smith is our twelfth and final celebrity for Strictly 2020 .png (4.91 KiB) Viewed 331 times
I wonder to what they could be referring?

By Bones McCoy
mr angry manchester wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:39 pm
These vote the celebs off shows have an interesting history of short lived BAME contestants.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:11 pm

Screenshot_2020-09-04 Rt Hon Jacqui Smith is our twelfth and final celebrity for Strictly 2020 .png

If "Mike1" really believes treating people as if they were people is an example of the world going "too PC" then I'm afraid he has strayed into COTD territory.

Which is exactly where he belongs.

By Abernathy
bluebellnutter wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:13 pm
I have no idea who the likely pairings are but I can imagine the outrage might be turned up a little were she paired with Oti Mabuse (the black South African professional). And if they win the whole thing that could be serious, serious meltdown territory.

Yeah - especially if they win by doing a couple of big sexy lezza dance routines. Maybe to the Scissor Sisters.

The steam emanating from Gammonia would be overwhelming.

By Bones McCoy
Cyclist wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:37 pm
Boiler wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:11 pm

If "Mike1" really believes treating people as if they were people is an example of the world going "too PC" then I'm afraid he has strayed into COTD territory.

Which is exactly where he belongs.
Mike Hunt

By Boiler
Which is a name I expect that the former Anglia Television weather forecaster was never called.

And from https://www.transdiffusion.org/2016/11/ ... he-weather
The Royal Meteorological Society gives out a biennial Michael Hunt Award to individuals for excellence in increasing the understanding of meteorology or its allied disciplines among members of the general public.
Poppy Day bingo

'Shocking news'. The point is, the 'news' isn't sh[…]

Boris Johnson

If we're talking national stereotypes, the one thi[…]

US election 2020

Credit where it's due - Young Mr Grace using minim[…]

Labour, Generally.

Theres also the question of how, if the people lik[…]