•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
As far as I recall Corbyn did not express an opinion on the mural but made a remark about a perceived affront to freedom of speech and expression by having the mural painted over.

Mind you, for a seasoned wily-as-a-fox politician like Corbyn to comment without looking at the mural in question (as he insists) or, if he did look at the mural, not spot the perceived antisemitic tropes showed a real flaw in his character and adds a further question mark over his suitability as a party leader.

As a caveat to the above, I said 'perceived antisemitic' because the artist insists this wasn't what he intended; I don't want to open this particular can o' worms again.

By Littlejohn's brain
Membership Days Posts
Some of the best in the business.

Have you ever spoken to a Jew? Especially an older one? Do you understand the visceral fear that drives them and the buttons that have been pressed by "some of the best in the business" and their mates in Central Office?
Read this

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/s ... n-what-was
Until a month ago.

I am Jewish. This is my community. But the national party has failed to address the concerns of Jewish voters. Throughout the campaign, in all of the wards that we were trying to win, candidates who knocked on doors met Jews and non-Jews who raised the anti-Semitism question.

We were asked what action was being taken and all we had to point to was the two-year-old Chakrabarti Report – which is widely thought of as a whitewash in Jewish community circles – and try to argue that a Barnet Labour Council would lead the way in fighting this sickness within the party.
Clearly this is the fault of the best in the business and Central Office and not the leadership's cack handed approach to antisemitism.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
The revolving door involving tories and the BBC, as well as the hard right wing of Fleet Street, is well documented. Livingstone has been debated at length on the Labour threads.

Anti-Semitism is on-topic, however, because WatO were reporting its endemic nature within Labour as fact. Just like the tories do. Just like many newspapers do. But, that was just one of the aspects of the overwhelmingly negative spin that was put on Labour's LE performance.

Now, are you going to try to substantiate this or are we to be treated to another long, mazy run up tangent boulevard?
Littlejohn's brain wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 9:10 am
Apologies but that is bollocks.

By Littlejohn's brain
Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 12:56 pm
The revolving door involving tories and the BBC, as well as the hard right wing of Fleet Street, is well documented. Livingstone has been debated at length on the Labour threads.

Anti-Semitism is on-topic, however, because WatO were reporting its endemic nature within Labour as fact. Just like the tories do. Just like many newspapers do. But, that was just one of the aspects of the overwhelmingly negative spin that was put on Labour's LE performance.

Now, are you going to try to substantiate this or are we to be treated to another long, mazy run up tangent boulevard?
Mon May 07, 2018 9:10 am
Apologies but that is bollocks.
Tell me Krezy are we going to get any names? As for antisemitism being endemic, it's certainly widespread, it's tolerated and the leadership's response to it has been cack handed. Fact is Labour's performance wasn't brilliant, they failed to take a number of target councils, lost seats and lost councils.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Wed May 09, 2018 2:42 pm
Kreuzberger wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 12:56 pm

Tell me Krezy are we going to get any names?
Robbie Gibb
Nick Robinson
The Theresa May / John Humphrys / Andrew Neill dinner club
Sarah Sands
Add to those the Masons, the Pienaars and the already sanctioned Kuenssbergs who depend on the installed hierarchy to pay the rent, and you have a long-standing political wing of the tories right there behind the mic and in front of the camera.
As for antisemitism being endemic, it's certainly widespread, it's tolerated and the leadership's response to it has been cack handed. Fact is Labour's performance wasn't brilliant, they failed to take a number of target councils, lost seats and lost councils.
Labour's stellar or otherwise performance isn't in question. The BBC's narrative of electoral carnage is.

Now, are you going to substantiate your claims or continue to look increasingly like you have neither listened to the broadcast nor got a leg to stand on as you, yet again, pillory a woman - yes, one of those - who publishes some broad analysis with which you would prefer to disagree?

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Returning to the Beeb for a sec - Question time picked another blinder last night.

Here's the S.P.s

Conservative
Spanish Conservative
Taxpayers's Alliance
Labour
Rapper

What sort of thinking could present this as even vaguely representative.

The TPA are a de-facto article of the Tory Right with a revolving door between SPAD and TPA jobs.
Will the BBC suggest that the Rapper brings balance "Becos he is black"?
Jeremy Corbyn.

A personality cult around someone with no personal[…]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

This is what pisses me off the most. Corbyn will s[…]

McDonald's ads are indees the pits. Often cloyin[…]

Tatchell has been very critical of Corbyn. Ah[…]