•  
  •  
  •  

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Bones McCoy wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:54 am
(snip)
They'd sorted it by midnight, with a couple of genuine marchers also being interviewed.
That's not what I heard. I tuned in to Five Lice for that half hour during which Dotun Adebayo usually does a decent round up of the day's cornerstone news events. Not a peep.

I eased over to the World Service where a thoughtful chap was helpfully reminding the global audience that "equally fervent leave voters" were not being represented at all, as if this was some kind of glaring omission in the essential narrative.

I really don't know where we go from here.
By randomelement
Membership Days Membership Days
Naga Munchetty breached BBC guidelines by criticising President Donald Trump for perceived racism, the corporation's complaints unit has ruled.
From https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49825570

FFS. This and Safe_Timber_Man's post above the BBC are getting worse and worse, there's been nothing upheld regrading their abject one sided Brexit coverage.

Regarding Liddle how the fuck are you meant to interview him without sneering and Naga was just point out that a phrase used could be perceived as racist.

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Has anyone heard anything from her white, male co-host, who was asking her the questions about her opinions in the first place?
Naga Munchetty: BBC under investigation for reprimanding presenter who suggested Trump was racist, Ofcom announces

Ofcom is assessing the content BBC Breakfast show after a Labour MP complained about the broadcaster’s treatment of presenter Naga Munchetty.
Chi Onwurah, a Labour MP, revealed on Friday that she had written to Ofcom “to complain about the BBC’s censoring of Naga Munchetty for challenging racism”.

In her letter Ms Onwurah claims the BBC’s decision is in “direct contradiction with Ofcom’s Broadcasting Code.”

“Could you clarify whether Ms Munchetty was or was not following the Ofcom Broadcasting code [?]” the Labour MP asks in her letter.

By AOB
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
BBC racism row: Naga Munchetty complaint was also about co-host Dan Walker
It continued: “These two presenters have never made any secret of their left-wing and anti-Trump bias but usually in more subtle ways, such as eye-rolling and looks of exasperation when reporting on news stories. However, personal commentary on controversial news stories is surely going too far and is way outside of their remit. They are employed as presenters not political commentators and as such should at least feign impartiality. It’s about time they were reminded of this.”
Imagine writing in to complain that a tv presenter objects to the US President being racist. Imagine actually doing that.

By Zuriblue
Membership Days Posts
AOB wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:24 pm
BBC racism row: Naga Munchetty complaint was also about co-host Dan Walker
It continued: “These two presenters have never made any secret of their left-wing and anti-Trump bias but usually in more subtle ways, such as eye-rolling and looks of exasperation when reporting on news stories. However, personal commentary on controversial news stories is surely going too far and is way outside of their remit. They are employed as presenters not political commentators and as such should at least feign impartiality. It’s about time they were reminded of this.”
Imagine writing in to complain that a tv presenter objects to the US President being racist. Imagine actually doing that.
And writing in 3 times. I wonder which newspaper she reads.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Why is it, whenever the gurning man-frog opens his gob, the Vacuous Dribble Channel drops whatever it's doing to show the ghastly creature live, hanging on it's every word, and then wastes more time repeating what they've just shown live?

A self-serving fascist rabble-rousing con artist with no MPs seems to get as great, if not greater, prominence than the leaders of proper political parties.

Yep, they've just done it again.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Re #wreathgate, have we heard yet from anyone with bang up-to-date experience of using Digital Asset Management systems?

Until very recently, I was using the RebelMouse one which I am pretty sure is not a patch on what the BBC has. Still, the retrieval method might well be the same; start typing something > see ever-narrowing options (much like Google) > see preview > click.

I am just speculating here, but the production assistant would literally need to not know what year it is, despite being presented with at least one later date.

TL;DR. No.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Cyclist wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:40 pm
Why is it, whenever the gurning man-frog opens his gob, the Vacuous Dribble Channel drops whatever it's doing to show the ghastly creature live, hanging on it's every word, and then wastes more time repeating what they've just shown live?

A self-serving fascist rabble-rousing con artist with no MPs seems to get as great, if not greater, prominence than the leaders of proper political parties.

Yep, they've just done it again.
BBC 6 o clock News opening headline was; “Boost for Boris Johnson as Farage stands down... “

On balance a boost is probably true but its still speculation being sold as reported fact. There are several reasons why this might not be a boost for the Tories. Guy in our CLP campaign is already looking for Trump photos to Photoshop next to our Cameroon Tory MP in a Remain constituency. Rarely even watch that news slot and reminded why every time.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

I'm in a group on Facebook about 70s football […]

Dominic Cummings

Sabisky is moaning its all out of context and ha[…]

Rishi Sunak

He certainly did. But that still doesn't explain m[…]

Sarah Vine aka Mrs Gove

Hang on a cotton-pickin' minute - a few moments […]