:sunglasses: 28.6 % :grinning: 71.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Fraser Nelson: this credit easing is something Gordon Brown could have come up with.

Is he unaware that they did it, in 2009, and Osborne called it "desperate"?

Doesn't the evidence suggest it's a Treasury thing. Maybe the very same civil servant who wrote it served it up to Osborne again, with the dates changed. He was right to suppose that Osborne would have forgotten about what he'd said two years ago.

By davidjay
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Do the Tories not worry that their "leader in waiting" is a joker?

Did they not see him the day after the worst rioting, where shopkeepers (probably fairly Tory) tore him a new one?
He wins elections. That's all they care about.

By Abernathy
AOB wrote:Quite amusing that interview. (Paxman not arguing with Boris's assertion he is a Conservative I noticed).
No point. He knew that what Boris was asserting was completely fatuous. He might have taken serious umbrage 10 years ago (pace Brian Redhead), but not now.
By mattomac
davidjay wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Do the Tories not worry that their "leader in waiting" is a joker?

Did they not see him the day after the worst rioting, where shopkeepers (probably fairly Tory) tore him a new one?
He wins elections. That's all they care about.
I think the riots damaged his reputation, we will see next May I guess, I don't think Labour are running the right candidate mind.

By Tubby Isaacs
I agree. Livingstone messed up with his emphasis on the forthcoming cuts. Sure they added to the sense of futility and despair, but the focus should have been on Johnson's own cuts over the whole term. As it is Johnson, will do a bit of "I'm different from Cameron", and "I'll fight for London", and he'll be off the hook.

Livingstone's also freezing council tax. He will be able to do fuck all.

By Abernathy
Dunno. They've got Noel fucking Gallagher on now. Really high quality political analysis from the man who has just admitted to voting for the Pirate party at the last election.

Ganesh on a moped.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:Coogan v. Good tonight on the Mail and its deplorable churnalism.
I missed it myself but those good people at Leftfootforward have the clip here.
http://www.leftfootforward.org/2011/10/ ... n-inquiry/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What does he think Harry was doing in Helmand Prov[…]

Boris Johnson

Cheer up, chums! He's going on telly to address th[…]

Apart from RBL, Burgon and Butler all the leadersh[…]

C**t of the day

Fuck me, he was Nathan Barley before it was a th[…]