•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
AOB wrote:Thought Jack Whitehall was actually alright tonight. Unlike the first 10 minutes of Buzzcocks I saw the other night when he was a bit shit. How does Janet Street Porter keep getting gigs like this and QT though? She seems to have a season-ticket on both.
Because once you're on the circuit it's harder to get off than to stay on.
By shyamz
Andy McDandy wrote:JSP's another one hired because she's 'edgy' and provides 'good telly'. Aside from the fact that she's a thoroughly unpleasant person who knows shit all about anything.
Plus her comment aimed at Richard Bacon when he mentioned the "grubby" texts (she asked surely he had sent some grubby texts in his drug taking days, as if he had said something accusatory or nasty about it - which he hadn't, he only mentioned them) was much too confrontational on her part. If anyone ever recieved a grubby text from him it would be irrelevant - he wasn't running a bank or elected as mayor. Again she jumped on someone she didn't like because he was a bit too posh for her liking.
Last edited by shyamz on Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Andy McDandy
See also the trying to make something out of what schools people went to. Merton's riposte ('I was abandoned in a ditch outside a Comprehensive!') seemed to shut her up.

Bacon may be a bit of a prick, but he's always been open about his past. So for JSP to bring it up as if it were some shocking revelation just made her look seriously out of touch.
By shyamz
Yet no one pulled her up on it. Nor would she risk doing that to to Jack Whitehall even though he is much posher than Richard and made several jokes in reference to that fact (as he always does, it's hardly a secret) - because he was the host and is also rather popular at the moment. Cowardly pile of festering brain shit that she is.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
I remember hearing a story told by Red Dwarf co-creator Doug Naylor about JSP. When they were working on the episode Gunman of the Apocalypse she sent a memo saying how she thought it was funny was too expensive and they couldn't do it on time, not only did the episode go on to win an international Emmy it came in on time and under budget. That shows how good she is.

By Andy McDandy
I remember seeing a doco on her, in which she bullied employees to 'personalise' computers by spray painting them. Guess what, they broke down and the wilful spray painting violated the warranty. This of course was all the fault of the 'boring' computer companies and of her serfs for 'taking her too literally'. This despite her firing someone on camera for pointing out that her idea was bollocks - this apparently was evidence that he was 'stuck up' and 'boring'. A weapons grade bullying twat.

By Daley Mayle
Don't forget she acted as one of Dacre's attack dogs when a columnist left the Mail due to depression and went to another paper.

Porter's knowledge of depression matched her reserves of compassion

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... lness.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This led to many complaints to the PCC

http://www.theguardian.com/media/greens ... lymail-pcc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boris Johnson

Man of the people. Just not the little people. […]

Dominic Cummings

They're really going to die on this hill, aren't[…]

Sarah Vine aka Mrs Gove

"I was saying Boo-ris."

The Tories, Generally

To be fair, he wasn't there though.