•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts

The BBC has defended its record on impartiality after it was accused of anti-Brexit bias by a group of mainly Tory MPs.

In a carefully worded response to a letter signed by 70 MPs and published in the Daily Mail and Telegraph, the director general Tony Hall wrote: “Impartiality has always been the cornerstone of BBC News. It remains so today.”

Its the BBC's ringmaster role to impartiality that's part of the problem. The late great Charles Wheeler said years ago about the BBC that their lodestone for journalism shouldn't be impartiality but evidence and facts.

By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:11 am
An account of the bullying which led to Hall's pusillanimity.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ ... rexit-bias
BTL comments are predictable.

How would it be perceived if the BBC simply refused to report anything about Brexit?

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
This morning's BBC Radio 5 live led the news with an uncritical reading of IDS's thinktank's latest brainfart.

They propose reintroducing stop and search (Banned apparently by the PC brigade) to solve London's gang violence.
There's not a postcode in the capital without a no-go zone.
Even the darkies want it - they said.

Fortunately the next hour interviewed a guy form the met who pointed out:
The Met are still using stop and search in a much more targeted way, over 50% of stops in britain occur in London.
Gangs account for a tiny proportion (5%) of London violent crime - any copper can tell you that they were a bogeyman talked up by the Cameron / Osborne government.

I can happily report strolling through scores of postcodes during my summer trip south - and didn't encounter the slightest bit of no-go.
(Unless IDS means the couple of visible security guards outside the local Jewish school)..
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Fill the space. All the serious people aren't available, but heaven forbid you cut the programme short. So you find whoever can get on at short notice.

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts

The BBC are literally going to give the fash a fairer hearing than democratically elected MPs. None of its political output is good any more.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
The BBC are literally going to give the fash a fairer hearing than democratically elected MPs. None of its political output is good any more.

I was surprised I only learned this morning there is a royal wedding taking place. I put it down to watching or listening to so little BBC news I missed a month of toadying reports. It wasn't a conscious decision but just couldn't take any more of its feeble excuse for news reporting.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Scroll down, kids. Stig has more information. Wh[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

Continuing form my rant about 6" and 15"[…]

Team Bercow!! It's about time somebody pulled the[…]

Reasonably epic Mail Fail

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/18/15/111424[…]