•  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:04 pm
Patrick Kielty banned from the Today show

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-5742451

The bookers on the ailing Today programme on Radio 4 felt they had pulled off quite a coup the other day by securing the popular Irish comedian Patrick Kielty as a guest. Alas, at the last minute, word came down from on high that he should be disinvited. I gather Kielty took it in good part, but the bookers were less forgiving. The assumption was that Kielty’s brilliant Twitter evisceration of Boris Johnson – over his blithe assertions about Brexit and the Irish Border issue – had made him persona non grata with Sarah Sands, the show’s editor and an unapologetic friend to Johnson.

I'm surprised they didn't want to pit Keilty's knowledge of Brexit and Northern Ireland against top paid grand inquisitor John Humphreys.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
...stick a needle in my eye.
‏ @t2meg
Replying to @carolecadwalla @BBC

No offense, but your BBC is starting to look like a fancier version of the Fox News we have in the US. That isn’t good, btw.

decn Carmedy #FBPE
‏ @maurillac

John Humphreys: the UK's answer to Bill O'Reilly!

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Tuesday, 13 November 2018
Brillo Tweet Means BBC Trouble

https://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2018/1 ... ouble.html

Followed up with...

Tuesday, 13 November 2018
Brillo Tweet Gaffe - No BBC Apology

https://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2018/1 ... ology.html

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
I'd grumbled during the run up to the referendum that every BBC report on a development in campaigning
appeared to conclude with a comment form Vote Leave, and usually Michael Gove.

They're at it again, Laura presenting the PM's latest spin "My deal will be good for the world economy".
We were treated to a closing summary by Jacob Rhys Mogg - you know that backbencher without portfolio (or indeed 48 supporters).

His concluding comments are becoming a tiring, but predictable fixture.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Radio 5 live moving into the 4th hour of a Conservative party election broadcast.

A rolling panel of Tory MPs and activists agreeing only that Corbyn and Labour would be a disaster.

Colour me surprised.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Cretin on the papers show this morning explaining that figures showing that Corbyn is out of step with the membership on Brexit are dismissable because:
  • Some polls were not completely accurate last time, although some were.
    There's a thing called margin of error.
    And because.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
A Yougov poll putting Labour on 35 (with LDs gaining) with the Tories on 40 is being dismissed by Corbyn Tweeters because:
It was commissioned by Remoaners asking loaded questions
Poll are always wrong
YouGov is run by Tories
They said Corbyn was miles behind in 2017 but went on to 'win' the GE
I have a Peter Hitchens quote about polls being a conspiracy to shape public opinion
Even if true the Meeja and Blairites are to blame.
Abernathy liked this

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:39 pm
A Yougov poll putting Labour on 35 (with LDs gaining) with the Tories on 40 is being dismissed by Corbyn Tweeters because:
It was commissioned by Remoaners asking loaded questions
Poll are always wrong
YouGov is run by Tories
They said Corbyn was miles behind in 2017 but went on to 'win' the GE
I have a Peter Hitchens quote about polls being a conspiracy to shape public opinion
Even if true the Meeja and Blairites are to blame.
You've nailed it there Ian. The best one is the one about YouGov and other polling companies falsifying their polls to favour the Tories because they love them. Greater love hath no polling company than that they deliberately destroy their own business reputation and prospects by publishing false and inaccurate polls. Of course, those same polls are hailed as gospel when they occasionally against the grain register a slight Labour lead.

Mrs A reckons that Mann is the Labour equivalent[…]

Is Wolverine butchering secret service guys while […]

Jeremy Corbyn.

No deal is what happens if nothing happens. So it&[…]

The Sun

Hamm's off PHILIP Hammond’s threat to qui[…]